TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Software update: 2018.26.2 6341863

Discussion in 'Model S' started by TimK, Jul 26, 2018.

1. TimK

TimK Member

Nothing exciting in the release notes, "This release contains minor improvements and bug fixes".

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
  2. daktari

daktari Member

Hear say from local X owners are that the alarm bug seems to have been fixed.

Is it only me or do others believe one developer has been paid since last summer to introduce bugs to sabotage Tesla? Been so many different, annoying bugs.

3. MacGreiner

Looks like this is only going to X's - did you get it on your S?

4. TimK

TimK Member

Yes, mine is a Model S
    Edited my profile to now include signature

5. Ormond

Ormond Member

I got this update this morning in my Model X.

• Love x 1
  6. MelaniainLA

MelaniainLA Member

Will every TMC user who has received this update please post when you:

-get update available notification
    -install update
    -post screenshot of release notes alongside a comment that they’re sparse

Additionally will every TMC user who hasn’t gotten it yet speculate about when they’ll receive it and post which version they’re still “stuck” on. And for how long.

Would be very helpful.

In my case, I’ve been stuck on 2018.26 for 3 days! Darn Tesla, what’s wrong with you?!

• Funny x 21
    • Disagree x 1
  7. dark cloud

dark cloud Member

Well I don't have it yet, and I think I will get it in about 4 days... wait, was that sarcasm?

Or was I supposed to make a new post regarding this?

Seriously, I looked back 3 pages for a 2018.26 3 post in the model S forum, didn't see one so thought I was the first. How was I to know some had already been merged into the model X forum where it started? I have never checked the model X forum, why should I as I don't own a model X. ...

So yeah, we need some guidelines so that we don't have 17 posts about every update: a sticky maybe? for model X and S? for all updates? I see one there named firmware: should there be subforms under this? Moderator?

Then again how maybe we like multiple "nagging" threads...

• Like x 1
  8. ChrML

ChrML Member

I've tried to suggest a simple link/href from each model forum to a common Software forum. Should make it much better since most Tesla software is the same regardless of model. Nobody has responded yet.

• Like x 1
  9. SMSMD

SMSMD Active Member

Yesterday 20180726_193307.jpg Today 20180726_193328.jpg

• Informative x 1
  10. asrose

asrose Member

Same here. My 2016 MS75 got rolled back today after less than 24 hours. The 26.3 much improved my AC, battery usage and loud compressor. Now, back to the same problems.

11. Exiom

Exiom Member

Didn't know there was a 26.3 it's not on Teslafi nor ev-fw

I am currently on 26.2 as of yesterday... no noticeable difference from 24.1

12. ucmndd

ucmndd Member

That's because it never existed.

• Like x 2
  13. TTBB

TTBB New Member

There was a 26.3xx that I received 2 weeks ago now just received 26.2xx so seems like .3 should not have been.

• Funny x 1
  14. bebbiXpress

bebbiXpress Member

Don't confuse the version numbers. After the doted numbers there is a space separating the version from a hash code.

There were these firmwares (bold: version, italic: hash)
    2018.26 3bbd9fd
    2018.26.1 62e5afa (Model 3 only)
    2018.26.2 6341863
    2018.26.3 be4b11e

The 26.3xx you referring to is version 2018.26 actually.

15. henkvdheide

henkvdheide New Member

You did never got the 2018.26.3 you came from 2018.26 if you check better you see a space instead of a for.

16. mmmk

mmmk Member

Got this one this morning on my MS 75D. After Musk teased FSD features coming in August I wake up to a software update notice on Aug 1st. This release just has the very unhelpful 'minor bugfixes' sentence.

• Informative x 1
  17. dark cloud

dark cloud Member

Was it like when you were a kid and had a dream about Xmas morning and then woke up and it was Aug 1?

• Funny x 2
  18. Shaggy

Shaggy Member

My car was at Austin service center Monday, they must have asked for and/or accepted it. I never saw a notice and Tuesday morning (7/31) saw 26.2 was completed... both on my phone and when I got in the car saw the standard last major update notes.

19. Penfold

Penfold Member

So when I got 2018.26 (pushed to fix Air Suspension error) I was convinced my door handles go in the car further so no longer flush to the door. I told SC as it went in for service and they said they are hardware adjusted and no software update could do that (not convinced). I then received 2018.26.2 that evening. Not made any difference to the handles but feels like the TACC ping pong is back (maybe since 2018.26)

20. TTBB

TTBB New Member