Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.32.2 3817fdd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That might be the full replacement update for both the MCU and the Autopilot ECU combined with a failed incremental update download.

That's actually quite possible - I have seen the car chatting regularly to HQ in unusual way for some time now - maybe it was trying to start the incremental update and eventually failed, so HQ sent a complete new build/re-image. I have no idea of the sizes involved but plausible nonetheless.

Installed 32.2 this morning. Once update was completed, I performed a hard reset of the car (Power Off) and followed by a deep reset (Pressing scroll wheels and top steering buttons - all 4 buttons simultaneously). Tested Voice command- it’s all good. Will check the rest later on today.
I have a Dec. 2014 P85D.
If I'm not mistaken, Hard Reset (Power Off) supersedes deep reset (4-fingers + brakes), so basically no need to deep reset AFTER a power off.

I got a 3GB+ download - which I expected to be the new maps, but turns out it was just this upgrade, still Google maps.

3GB though - wth is that about?

- even Atari games couldn't account for that!

Notably, new maps do not replace the google maps. Google maps is used only for the center screen. The new Tesla maps replace just the navigation ones, affecting routing and the display on the instrument cluster.

• Informative
Reactions: SpudLime
I read that the new maps in the US are ~5GB; but thought the UK+(EU?) -damn that looks like a formula for Brexit!
maps might be a different size.

Perhaps @brendon1970 has a point too; maybe it is a coincidence I got the .32 update; and the maps are in the process of completing/optimizing. Now I think about it, I did have to leave the office before the main download completed, so maybe the maps download is on hold waiting for another time slot to complete, the update arrived in the meantime, and the maps will resume at some point after which there may be a delay until they activate.

Arrrgh - it is just so stressful much fun owning a Tesla :D

Reactions: Hugh Mannity
Download for European maps and .28.5 update (and also other previous updates) is ca. 5-5.5 GB for maps/nav and ca. 500-600 MB for software.

You can tell you have Tesla navigation by planning a route, it will then show Tesla navigation beta in the bottom right corner of the MCU nav screen.

• Informative
Reactions: thegruf
If I'm not mistaken, Hard Reset (Power Off) supersedes deep reset (4-fingers + brakes), so basically no need to deep reset AFTER a power off.

You are correct, but the Hard Rest deletes your Trip mileage so if you were keeping total miles and total average watts/mile, you will lose that. I had the SC do that to me without asking me. I was not happy to lose my total average watts/mile.

I have forgotten if I had to reprogram seat position and all of the other buttons for all of the features.

• Informative
Reactions: Shaggy