Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.32.2 3817fdd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Renewed issue this morning on 2018.32.2 MCU2. Got in my car, drove off and initiated a phone call. IC showed connected & seconds counting up. No audio. Checked volume. Was on 8.Hung up & retried. Same result. Hung up & attempted to play music. No audio. Checked volume.
Rebooted. Audio returned (music).
Retried placing the call, it worked. Recipient told me he couldn’t hear me either on prior 2 failed attempts.
Had this issue quite some time ago. I think around April. Even the turn signals went silent then. I didn’t think to check this time. I will if it happens again.

Tesla is now managing a lot of hardware combinations between various iterations of the cars. Some things are hard to regression test in an automated way (like sound quality) and other things that break are not easily testable in software because they depend on firmware in each version of a hardware component. Tesla knows that their current approach sometimes breaks things which is why they always deploy to a small number of cars first to evaluate in the real world.

There is definitely a strategic choice here, smaller, faster more frequent releases (with automated but imperfect testing) for each feature or less frequent quarterly releases which are more thoroughly tested.
Normally I'd agree, but the last few releases were supposed to ONLY be bugfixes, but the entropy level is high... they touch one thing and a dozen things explode. It seems something's gone even more astray than usual. Maybe everyone's concentrating on V9 and they left their interns to release their stable versions... I've had my fair share of new bugs every second release but the last few have been stinkers.

I've had this for a few days now on my AP1 car. Took a long trip today, a few hundred miles. Had a single uncommanded reboot to the center screen, obviously not a great thing. Overall the system seems unremarkable, with slightly better AP1 handling on a few Corners that I take regularly. Didn't solve the merge issue that I have onto I-5 at one point, but I'm not surprised. Difficult location. I haven't noticed any bugs at all, but I haven't deeply checked it either.

Whenever they put out a new hardware combination they should put one car in storage for testing. Then put them out on the test track for 30m running through a checklist. If that means 20 hardware combinations on the track for 60 hours, fine, get 6 engineers on it and do it in 3 days.
Then into early access for a week, the public rollout. Shouldn't that take care of the most obvious bugs?

I've encountered a really crummy bug though:

When listening to Slacker Streaming, if I use the steering wheel "forward" (or backward) button - it doesn't work switch streaming stations.

I can switch streaming radio channels on the media player screen, but I cannot use the steering wheel.

Even worse, if i try to switch stream channels on the wheel buttons - it seems to make my media player freeze after 2 or 3 attempts.

I've repro'd this 3-4 times on the way home from work today & each time I have to reboot the infotainment system.

Once it's frozen, it'll finish the existing song but it will not respond, even to screen inputs. You cannot change stream, cannot skip song, cannot switch to radio, either via steering wheel shortcuts or via the media player on screen. :(

If anyone else could see if this is happening to them, would appreciate it

I have with this 32.2 update the same behaviour, except with FM radio. I don't have Slacker, but Spotify (which works ok as usual).
So, the odd behaviour you describe is exactly what I have with FM stations. Anyone else?

• Informative
Reactions: AnxietyRanger
Seem like this version has lots of bugs by reading thread....

My car was in service today, and they pushed buggy 32.2, after update, immediately notice that my slacker favorite radio is gone @_@ ...

Hopefully bugs are nothing major o_O

Hello All - new to the community and new Model S 75D owner (6/16/18 delivery),
I received this update about a week ago and am wondering if anyone else has noticed any color (white balance/temp) difference between the center touchscreen and the dash display? My dash display appears a bit on the 'warmer' side now than the center touchscreen which looks more on the 'cooler' side? Honestly, this may have been how things have looked all along, but for whatever reason it's really noticeable to me now, which leads me to believe something has changed in the new update?

Seem like this version has lots of bugs by reading thread....

My car was in service today, and they pushed buggy 32.2, after update, immediately notice that my slacker favorite radio is gone @_@ ...

Hopefully bugs are nothing major o_O
I think it’s slacker. For me my favorite radio channel occasionally disappears and returns random word just like channel thumbnails.
This has been an issue for me over many softwares versions.

• Informative
Reactions: mahagala
I just got off the phone with vehicle support. Apparently version .32 does fix the instrument cluster reboots. However it contains numerous new bugs and distribution of .32 has been halted. I was asked to be patient a little bit longer.

I can confirm it hasn't been halted yet, as I just received this update 2 hours ago.

I can confirm it hasn't been halted yet, as I just received this update 2 hours ago.

I received software update notification and am guessing it is the 32.2 release. In so far as I know, there is no way to know what version it is w/o loading, unless you are an engineer or @Ingineer (thought I'd check with an expert), so after reading this thread I'm cancelling my installation. Many thanks to everyone posting. I prefer to wait until some of the described bugs are worked out. I'm currently on 26.3.

I received software update notification and am guessing it is the 32.2 release. In so far as I know, there is no way to know what version it is w/o loading, unless you are an engineer or @Ingineer (thought I'd check with an expert), so after reading this thread I'm cancelling my installation. Many thanks to everyone posting. I prefer to wait until some of the described bugs are worked out. I'm currently on 26.3.
32.2 has definitely resumed and picking up the pace. I got it today, so it's definitely not being held back.

Reactions: Raincloud
One thing I have noticed lately is quite a few more uploads when I use autopilot on urban roads (which I've always done.) This was after a 40 minute round trip on mostly urban roads.

upload_2018-8-28_16-2-11.png

This trend seems to have started a couple of versions ago (around 2018.26). I wonder if they're ramping up the data collection for autopilot/fsd evolution. Here's hoping...

Reactions: MelaniainLA
Installed 32.2 this morning. Once update was completed, I performed a hard reset of the car (Power Off) and followed by a deep reset (Pressing scroll wheels and top steering buttons - all 4 buttons simultaneously). Tested Voice command- it’s all good. Will check the rest later on today.
I have a Dec. 2014 P85D.