Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.34

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Upgraded to 2018.34 when it was released. Had the reboot bug in previous version, so I was very glad that 2018.34 fixed that. Now, however, I see an album-art bug. When listening to Slacker the album art comes up properly in the dash screen. Switch to radio and the album art stays - does not change to match the radio station logo/art. I've seen this reported by a few other owners. I wonder if Tesla is going to fix this or simply concentrate on getting version 9 out the door.

Am I imagining things or is the lag greatly reduced at slower speeds now? I just got 34.1 and at highway speeds of around 120-130 km/hr on major divided highways it still nags every 12-15 seconds, but when I was going around 90 km/hr on non-major highways, it was only nagging every 45-47 seconds. Also, my car used to always phantom break slightly as I passed under a certain overpass but this morning it didn't (unless I was pressing the accelerator slightly...will need to test again on Monday). Hopefully this is the case as it would mean they've made additional improvements to autopilot in this release.

Attachments

• BE60871E-8158-4C4F-B108-4C6BB16F6A70.jpeg
    BE60871E-8158-4C4F-B108-4C6BB16F6A70.jpeg
    639.6 KB · Views: 98
Am I imagining things or is the lag greatly reduced at slower speeds now? I just got 34.1 and at highway speeds of around 120-130 km/hr on major divided highways it still nags every 12-15 seconds, but when I was going around 90 km/hr on non-major highways, it was only nagging every 45-47 seconds. Also, my car used to always phantom break slightly as I passed under a certain overpass but this morning it didn't (unless I was pressing the accelerator slightly...will need to test again on Monday). Hopefully this is the case as it would mean they've made additional improvements to autopilot in this release.

The newer version of the nags (introduced a few months ago) is based on distance traveled, not time:

New logic for “Hold Steering Wheel” nags in 2018.21.9

• Helpful
Reactions: EvolutionTeʂla

I don't count the time, but on 32.4, when I go 100km/h it nags exactly every 1km. (That works out to 36 seconds) At 120km/h it nags every 0.9 km. I hope the distance/time goes up with the next update.

So how safe is it for me to watch the odometer and tweak the steering wheel one tenth before it gives me the warning? Not very- my eyes should be on the road. :confused:

It's definitely not safer for me to lose AS and to have to pull onto the shoulder, into P and then D and then back into high speed traffic 3 or more times from LA to SD or dozens of times during longer road trips and not during very long legs either. All the while with my hand or hands very much on the wheel.

Tesla's kludge has made my driving experience LESS SAFE, and I don't appreciate it. AP1's more audible nags at least were effective. The current bs is more of a "gotcha, nyah, nyah" than anything else. Again, my hand's on the wheel and my eyes are on the road. Just where they should be when the car is under TACC and AS.

It just pisses me off the more I think about it. This is with standard and sport mode, by the way. It's less so (operationally, not algorithmically as near as I can tell) with chill and comfort modes, fwiw. However, after trying both, I prefer to have full/more acceleration available along with tighter steering while on the highway.

I haven't resorted to fishing weights, water bottles, or citrus abuse, but it has been tempting. Cutting the nags by 67% would still get the point across *hint* *hint*.

PS: And the *.34 adjustment (scroll wheel and paddle recognition) doesn't do all that much to help. Now, if it recognizes AS disengagement and re-engagement *to reset the nag/disablement counter*, THAT would at least be a step toward the level of safety previously available.

Again, the current situation is LESS SAFE in practical use than it was previously.

My vehicle abruptly started telling me today that "autosteer speed limited to 63km/h" in 60km/h zones where it previously didn't. I tried adjusting the speed offset to +4km/h and it changed to 64km/h limits. For whatever reason, they've substantially increased the geofencing areas around me in the last few days. I didn't get any new big downloads along with this either. Interestingly, in the side streets - where the speed limit is 50km/h - it has no such restrictions.

• Informative
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D