Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.36.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This release also includes the ability to reduce AP nag through the use of any of the steering wheel controls - not just torquing the steering wheel anymore. Verified it this afternoon by using the media "back" button which is a no-op on slacker streaming to keep the nag happy.

wonder if it's possible to wire something into the steering wheel that would electronically "press" that back button once a minute!!! haha

• Funny
Reactions: jrad6515
Hi I am new to this group and have my model 3 RWD for about 2 month. Everything works great with phone and Tesla app until the recent update 2018.36.2 ac4a215.

I scheduled the update in midnight 2 days ago. In the morning I couldn't wake up my model 3 but Bluetooth key function still works, so I can still get in the car. When car starts, my app connects and everything is fine (Install completed without issue). However when the car is parked, it seems to be put in "deep sleep" mode and cannot be awaken by app ever since. I noticed the LTE is not connected for the first 3-5 seconds after I start the car, and then it connects to LTE just fine and my app connects again. Same situation in my garage with WiFi connect. When the car is being charged, my app works. When car is just parked, app cannot make it up.

I read a few old discussions with similar condition. I tried pushing the two control button to reboot the tablet. Still no luck after the tablet reboot. All other function is fine but I really need the app to turn on the fan since my work place is still 90+ F these days. Anybody has the same problem since the update or has any suggestions? Thanks!

I got the same. My WiFi signal in my driveway is ultra weak so not sure it’ll dl.

At a certain property I normally pull in the WiFi signal is extremely weak and car will use the LTE connection.

One day when I backed in to wash the bugs off, the car logged in to the WiFi no problem as I had the site Password loaded,
8 hrs later I got a message that a Software Update was ready.

Maybe the WiFi antenna is in the hatch glass? The rear of the car was closer to the house, (made with concrete walls and re-bar)

Last edited:
Came to this version from 2018.32.2, 3 days ago. Autosteer seems to be mostly the same...possibly a little better. Not enough time to tell for sure yet. As other folks have mentioned, TACC seems noticeably better. Slowing/accelerating seems smoother - it has a much more natural reaction to obstructions, changes in speed limit, etc. Looking forward to a longer drive later this week.

Upgraded from 2018.32.2 to 2018.36.2 two days ago. Went to NY and back from Boston area, and while in NY, stopped at the Tarrytown supercharger. An interesting observation - while charging, I was seeing charges accrue in the charging display - even though I have unlimited supercharging in my X100D. Anyone else see this? I don't recall seeing the current charge displayed in prior releases (not sure if I just missed it, or if it was added in this or a previous update). I know I've always seen $0.00 in the last supercharge box on the screen after the fact.
44864199441_9aeab49b0e_z.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: croman
Seems there is an issue on the server side; website account pages are missing free supercharging statements too. Happened around the time end-of-quarter free 1-yr SCing started. Will probably get sorted soon but watch your credit card account for actual charges. I will be testing my free SCing later tonight.

Upgraded from 2018.32.2 to 2018.36.2 two days ago. Went to NY and back from Boston area, and while in NY, stopped at the Tarrytown supercharger. An interesting observation - while charging, I was seeing charges accrue in the charging display - even though I have unlimited supercharging in my X100D. Anyone else see this? I don't recall seeing the current charge displayed in prior releases (not sure if I just missed it, or if it was added in this or a previous update). I know I've always seen $0.00 in the last supercharge box on the screen after the fact.
View attachment 337431
Same here. But the last charging session shows 0 now.

While these posts do appear somewhat trollish/questionable, they do not violate any forum rules and will be allowed for now.
Updated to 2018.36.2 from 2018.34.1 this morning. Had this scary moment yesterday where my car was driving while "off" and warning alarms sounded, then the whole thing crashed/rebooted. Anyone else experience this?
My Tesla Is Broken on Twitter