Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.36.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok that's just ridiculous. If you're bored play some games; if you like to read grab a book. I come here to get relevant, useful information not acquire pen pals.
Lol. Funny, I am guessing a joke. You have to have members/people to get information. Someone may not have something useful one time...doesn't mean they won't have something useful next several times they post....

Anyways, I got the 2018.36.2 earlier today. It seems that it does not nag you that much if there are less cars around. Like on highway, I don't think it flashed reminders for at least 3 miles when double lane without lots of cars. With lots cars around going same speed, it does it about every mile or less.

• Informative
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
My auto-mirror fold stopped working after the update. I turned it off and on again and it's working again. I was an early adopter over 15 years ago of a software controlled Dish Network 722 satellite receiver. There were software updates every few weeks for several years. They were usually two steps forward and one back. Sometimes only one step back. It's the nature of the beast. Complain if it's a significant function impaired or wait for the next update, your choice.

• Informative
Reactions: MelaniainLA
I’m just impressed that they have so many updated within this space of time.
They’re obviously optimizing the system to cope with huge workloads now.
Teslafi shows almost 50% of Model 3 are already on 36.2, granted with a small sample size, but still pretty impressive in a single day

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
I’m just impressed that they have so many updated within this space of time.
They’re obviously optimizing the system to cope with huge workloads now.
Teslafi shows almost 50% of Model 3 are already on 36.2, granted with a small sample size, but still pretty impressive in a single day

TeslaFi has 607 contributing Model 3s out of about 70,000 3s sold to date. As far as sample sizes go, it is not small. Based on the size, there is about a ±4% margin of error.

Got this last night and the update has solved one daily occurrence where my car would dive for a left side bus exit on the freeway. It still does a little twitch of the wheel like it wants to dive but the car has never cleared this section before without me intervening.

Brake/accelerator curves seem much more natural and lane holding is a bit more confident. The car still shoots for the middle of a newly-widenend lane which is irritating, but overall this is a noteworthy improvement to existing autopilot functionality.

I've noticed over the last couple of months that regen braking has definitely been smoother and perhaps 'not has strong' as from the 28 builds.. Anyone else noticing this?

Well I wasn't sure I wasn't just imaging it but that might be the case - that some recent release has blunted the regen, or I've gotten used to it? I feel like I'm using the brake more - or maybe because it's a Performance model, my right foot got heavier?

I got 36.2 last night but now the Superchargers no longer show how many are in use vs free, they look the same as what you'd now see online which is lame.
Wow! You're right. After updating to 36.2 I don't see the stalls anymore either. I'm currently parked, so maybe it only shows now when you're on the road? Gotta be bug, cause that would be really terrible.

• Informative
Reactions: MelaniainLA