Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.6 8377b4d

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't ask them to push it to my car, just asked for their opinion on if I have an issue. The representative said there's no issue and bought up the fact that they can't push it... I did ask about checking logs and I was advised that there is no issue...

You may have already done this but if not make sure the car is connected to WiFi.

I didn't ask them to push it to my car, just asked for their opinion on if I have an issue. The representative said there's no issue and bought up the fact that they can't push it... I did ask about checking logs and I was advised that there is no issue...
I understand. To me it seems very strange that out of a sampling of 2,939 cars only 13 or .4% are still on 2018.28.5 without there being some issue. But maybe you are part of the extremely unlucky owners. Do NOT buy a lottery ticket.

TeslaFi Fleet Totals - 2,939 Active Cars
2018.28.5 377ec8b 13 0.4%

• Funny
Reactions: 1375mlm and woes
I understand. To me it seems very strange that out of a sampling of 2,939 cars only 13 or .4% are still on 2018.28.5 without there being some issue. But maybe you are part of the extremely unlucky owners. Do NOT buy a lottery ticket.

TeslaFi Fleet Totals - 2,939 Active Cars
2018.28.5 377ec8b 13 0.4%
I had the same problem last week my car was on 28.5 I ask my SC why they said it's because the version 32xx is only push by Wifi and if failed two times it's no possible to receive others updates. I start my wifi ask my SC to send to me the latest version and I receive version 36.2 the latest before 39.xx. Try to contact your SC.

I had the same problem last week my car was on 28.5 I ask my SC why they said it's because the version 32xx is only push by Wifi and if failed two times it's no possible to receive others updates. I start my wifi ask my SC to send to me the latest version and I receive version 36.2 the latest before 39.xx. Try to contact your SC.

Okay, thanks. I don't have wifi where I park. I left a hotspot in the car since Friday night. But I suppose if this is true, it's probably failed twice so I'll call the SC tomorrow.

Curious to know what would happen if I don't do anything for the next few years... there are customers out there who don't track technical details like we do on this forum, so would these cases be stuck forever, or would Tesla take proactive action after a period of time? :)

Reactions: ironwaffle
Okay, thanks. I don't have wifi where I park. I left a hotspot in the car since Friday night. But I suppose if this is true, it's probably failed twice so I'll call the SC tomorrow.

Curious to know what would happen if I don't do anything for the next few years... there are customers out there who don't track technical details like we do on this forum, so would these cases be stuck forever, or would Tesla take proactive action after a period of time? :)
If they won’t help, ask them why you haven’t received pin to drive considering how important it is to assist in the prevention of Tesla’s being stolen (or something along those lines). I called them due to having the yellow border on my screen but while on the phone asked when I will get pin to drive as wanted to secure my car. They said they would do a remote check and ‘see what they could do’. I received it later that day

If they won’t help, ask them why you haven’t received pin to drive considering how important it is to assist in the prevention of Tesla’s being stolen (or something along those lines). I called them due to having the yellow border on my screen but while on the phone asked when I will get pin to drive as wanted to secure my car. They said they would do a remote check and ‘see what they could do’. I received it later that day

Yup. There is a crypto weakness in their fobs that allows a potential attacker to capture fob<->car communication and derive the private key for which they pushed out the PIN feature that is after 28.5. Good point, I'll bring it up. Thanks!

Just uploaded V9 on Saturday morning and went on a beautiful drive in our 6/2017 build Model X 75D MCU1 from Haliburton, Ontario to Bracebridge Ontario, 110 km drive across country roads with the fall foliage at it's peak. The AP2.0 behaved beautifully, keeping it steady and straight, very stable with very little nag. The 360 view of cars around you is very nice and the blind spot monitor worked very well. So far so good. And the Atari games are awesome!

Just a few words of caution for our daredevils:

- on areas where both sides of the lane lines are irregular, 9.0 is a ton more aggressive at attempting to center itself for a brief moment. It’s unnerving when that catches you off guard, but the car in practice doesn’t move much. However, with that said, for cases where one side of the lane line is stable while the other side widens, the 8.1 unnecessary centering behavior is gone!
- on curves going left, it does like to hug the driver’s side a little. Seems better on curves going right for whatever reason.
- in general long-range stopped car detection is better. However, in the dark I did have it try way too late to stop for a black pickup truck. Still have to be quite vigilant for this case.

But so far those are the only negatives I’ve found. They’re not necessarily new to 9.0 though. Overall, this puts at least a + in Autosteer+, if not 5 or 10 of them :D

Updated to v9 from 34.1. So far really liking this update. The only thing that bugs me a little is how slowly the AP catches up with the car in the front now after coming to a full stop. Anyone else feel that way?

@sumitkgarg ......do you mean that your car does not slow down far enough from the approaching stopped car in time?........if so, I completely agree.......it seems to gradually get worse the faster your car is going.......anything over 40mph and you need to keep your foot by the brake just in case.......over 50mph and its downright frightening

@sumitkgarg ......do you mean that your car does not slow down far enough from the approaching stopped car in time?........if so, I completely agree.......it seems to gradually get worse the faster your car is going.......anything over 40mph and you need to keep your foot by the brake just in case.......over 50mph and its downright frightening
No, he means the opposite. When your car stops at traffic lights (for example) behind another stopped vehicle, once the lights turn green and the car in front takes off, there's a deathly pause before your car takes off, and it's always taking off too slow - enough for many other cars to pull in front of you, or even occasionally the person behind to honk their horn.

No, he means the opposite. When your car stops at traffic lights (for example) behind another stopped vehicle, once the lights turn green and the car in front takes off, there's a deathly pause before your car takes off, and it's always taking off too slow - enough for many other cars to pull in front of you, or even occasionally the person behind to honk their horn.
I’ll be so happy if that’s been improved. It’s emabarrising how slow it gets going. Here in Dallas that can get you shot :)

Kidding:)

To give you an idea of what the problem is, I timed it on taking off a few times at the lights, and it can take up to 3 seconds to take off, and after that almost never is accelerating at the rate the car in front is accelerating unless they're moving at a snail's pace. This isn't about being aggressive at the lights, it's about not being half asleep. Take off should actually be faster than a human. Check out this video (especially the first part) to see what I'm talking about: