Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.40.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just installed the .40 update and there were no obvious changes. I decided to fool around with Atari games (which I haven't done before because it was too hard to control with the software joystick). I put the game in full screen mode and was able to control with the steering wheel and / or scroll wheels. Much better gaming experience :) Does anyone know if the steering wheel control was available in 2018.36 which is the version I just upgraded from?

Edit: upgraded from 2018.39.6 not. 36

Last edited:
yes, you can put Teslatari full screen and use the steering wheel, but I think you mean 39.6.

Does the music still play automatically from phones with .40? That would be the biggest bug people are complaining about that I can see.
Thanks yes meant 39.6 :rolleyes: Also found one of the threads discussing it Atari controls - full screen mode. I play music off of USB so not sure about the phone.

Well .40 is not rushing out by any means; more are still getting 39.7 currently....

Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 5.18.54 PM.png

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
So, it has not addressed any of the complaints, such as forcing the rear-camera view to bottom of screen, etc. But I'm having a problem with the Homelink no longer working; perhaps it will fix that. Worth a try!