Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.42.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel like I'm being trolled.

It's like waking up on Christmas morning to see a bike shaped present. Is it a bike? Or is a bunch of clothes made into a shape of a bike?
Might be a combination of good and bad. It's really a bike, but has no wheels unless you go buy them separately, the steering is loose and the chain keeps coming off the track. You can buy an extended warranty for it, but will cost more than the bike :eek:

Elon made a tweet (can't find it right now) about being able to put the camera on the top in the "next point release". I suspect some people are optimistically interpreting that phrase to mean "the next software update emitted by Tesla".

As pointed out above, it's not on TeslaFi or ev-fw.com yet, so "pictures or it didn't happen" would seem to be appropriate, at least at this time.

Bruce.

Elon made a tweet (can't find it right now) about being able to put the camera on the top in the "next point release". I suspect some people are optimistically interpreting that phrase to mean "the next software update emitted by Tesla".

As pointed out above, it's not on TeslaFi or ev-fw.com yet, so "pictures or it didn't happen" would seem to be appropriate, at least at this time.

Bruce.

I saw that too. But I thought Elon means v9.1 lol.

07976978-10D9-46BE-8CC0-A4FD68C8F88E.jpeg

Bruce.
Well that is nice information. I guess I need to go back out to the car tomorrow when I fly home to try again, and see what I missed... if it is really there in .42

Well that is nice information. I guess I need to go back out to the car tomorrow when I fly home to try again, and see what I missed... if it is really there in .42
Ok, curiosity got the best of me with nothing to do in a hotel room. So I called the wife and asked her to try it. She said "No, I can't get the camera on top, BUT, we have a version 41 not the one you think.

So much for my earlier post accuracy. No wonder I couldn't get it to the top. Hey, I guess the wife is smarter than me after all :D
Maybe there is something to look forward to later.

I feel like I'm being trolled.

It's like waking up on Christmas morning to see a bike shaped present. Is it a bike? Or is a bunch of clothes made into a shape of a bike?

MAN I hope this is true. In my neck of the woods, Waze has been much better than the native nav, hence I've gotten completely used to seeing my camera on the top half of my screen. I've continuously been getting duped by my muscle memory since the V9 update- I keep glancing at the screen when doing a lane change.

• Love
Reactions: 1375mlm
I've got mobile service coming in a few minutes, will see if they can push 42 to me. This was the only thing holding me back from v9

Edit: mobile rep said he couldn’t confirm that 42 did in fact allow for positioning of the rear cam on top. Might hold off unless I can get some concrete proof

Last edited:
Reactions: croman
Might be a combination of good and bad. It's really a bike, but has no wheels unless you go buy them separately, the steering is loose and the chain keeps coming off the track. You can buy an extended warranty for it, but will cost more than the bike :eek:

Don’t forget that it can only be ridden in unicycle mode.
https://i.imgur.com/odg91Py.jpg

Taken from reddit.

Based on that I'm still going to hold off.

Why? What’s wrong with it?

Reactions: Silicon Desert