Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.46.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I am always pleased that things generally keep moving forward for the most part, I still get annoyed by little things some times. Folks complain about things that the Tesla still doesn't do yet, and I often wish it will stop doing things that I DIDN'T tell it to do. One that comes to mind (still on .46) is that every time I use the voice nav to tell it to drive somewhere, it removes my rear camera from the display. And if I tell it to cancel a navigation, then it will removes it again. No, I didn't tell you to change my display. I just gave a command.

And what's with the deal that in order to get to the climate controls, I need to click the fan icon, and the fan comes on. No, I just want to get to the controls to change another function. I must be doing something stupid here. Surely there is another way without turning on the climate control ??? Slap me silly if I got this wrong.

While I am always pleased that things generally keep moving forward for the most part, I still get annoyed by little things some times. Folks complain about things that the Tesla still doesn't do yet, and I often wish it will stop doing things that I DIDN'T tell it to do. One that comes to mind (still on .46) is that every time I use the voice nav to tell it to drive somewhere, it removes my rear camera from the display. And if I tell it to cancel a navigation, then it will removes it again. No, I didn't tell you to change my display. I just gave a command.

And what's with the deal that in order to get to the climate controls, I need to click the fan icon, and the fan comes on. No, I just want to get to the controls to change another function. I must be doing something stupid here. Surely there is another way without turning on the climate control ??? Slap me silly if I got this wrong.
I shot this video after I figured out a few tricks...
This might help you:

Amen bro. Like I want to see the music app every time I get in the car and have to cancel it.

Except try doing that long press and navigating to climate controls while you are actually driving and trying to keep your eyes on the road.
I don’t actually find it takes anymore of my attention.
Same eye/hand coordination is required for me to get my finger on the button.
There’s no need to watch as i hold it.
Definitely takes more attention/effort if you tap it and then open the window and then hit the on/off button from within the window.

Last edited:
Reactions: scottf200
I want every person on here to post which version you last got and precisely when you got it. Then mention that the release notes were sparse but you speculate that there are some hidden changes in there. But now you’re eager to get 2028.48.1. Please. Let’s get this thread to 4000 posts. We can do it!!
You crack me up! :) I was thinking the very same thing. Since you asked:

I got Version 8:0, Build 2.50.180 on 12/27/2016. I don't remember what the release notes said, so I don't know what was fixed or if any new features were added. I got build 2.52.120 installed on 1/16/2017 and don't remember the release notes, what was fixed, or if there were any new features installed. Since I have gotten many builds since then, I can't drive the car with those firmware releases so I really can't tell you anything about how the car drove.

Hopefully, I am the only one that will respond and waste our time. ;)

OK,
I got back from the service center a few hours ago.
They inspected the sensors in my wheels. They said it all looks good. They are still reasonably certain that it is a firmware issue.

I got an explanation from the service center as to what the technicians believe is causing the spontaneous Jack Mode issue with my car.
I’ll do my best to accurately paraphrase what I was told:
Basically it’s a timing/communications issue which I assume, may not affect all configurations the same.
My car is a 2018 Model S 100D AEP 2.5/MCU2 with the new part AIR SPRING MODULE FR - MS2 DM (1067361-77-C) Front Right & Front Left.
They do not however believe that the new airspring modules have anything to do with the issue and that it would’ve occurred even if I hadn’t had them replaced.

Apparently, there is some sort firmware issue that results from the “Suspension computer” waking up as little as milliseconds before the rest of the car. The “Suspension Computer” sends a signal to the main computer as to its status. By the time the main computer is awake it has missed communication And assumes there is an issue with the suspension system and puts it in to fail safe (Jack Mode)
Apparently this is an issue that had occurred in a previous version of software that was fixed.
The belief is that it has somehow come back.
I was told that the fix is now in the works and will appear soon in an upcoming software release.
Just got 2018.48.1. Hoping it fixes my uninitiated Jack Mode. Won’t know if it does until tomorrow mornig. It ends up in Jack Mode every morning. I will report then.