Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.48.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can confirm if you don't have dash cam ability you won't get pole position or USB controller ability. I mean I'm sure I will when they have to replace the entire brain of my car if they ever nail fsd... but until then I'll enjoy the fire.

Drove with husband this morning to try out new car toys.

OK decided to try the emissions test first. I don't want to know how they got the right sounds but it's cool you can set the seat position from where the sound comes from (speaker in that area).

Next up was the fireplace. Yep warm air from vents and the fireplace was surprising. Full 17-inches high in the MS. Hope no one nearby thinks the battery is on fire in the car. SO realistic, the sound of the crackling fire is great. You don't have to listen to the music but volume control works. First up for me was Marvin Gaye's Sexual Healing. Next up was Sade's "No Ordinary Live". Maybe it has it's own playlist or it's just the Marvin track. Seat heaters get pretty warm. Off for coffee. Romance Mode did end with a morning kiss so what can I say. Love our Teslas and love that Musk and team find ways to bring unexpected smiles to us.

IMG_9597.JPG IMG_9598.JPG IMG_9599.JPG

Oh and on our AP 2.0 MS no new TeslAtati game. Haven't received the update on my Model 3 yet but saw a video of it in play and looks fun.

It's a Romance track, Wham!'s "Careless Whisper" is on now and above it tagged Romance.

Last edited:
AP2.0, MCU1 -- I think when the notice of update showed up on our MS's app screen, above Climate, it definitely said it could take over an hour, don't remember much beyond that. My husband went out and started the install and I can't say for sure but in our case it completed much sooner than that. Think we had a decent wifi connection to the car.

Same here - I was kicking myself for starting an update too close to when I was going to need to drive to work....... figured I'd just sit in the car and wait; as soon as I got in, the update was finished with the above-mentioned popup window waiting to be closed. Did have to do a reset later, because I wasn't getting any sound from bluetooth or streaming audio. All is well now.