Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.48.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if it is tied to the USB controller functionality which is also missing from MCU1? Processing power seems a bit far fetched. Tegra3 isn't the latest and greatest but emulating such a game shouldn't be out of question for it (though I haven't actually tried...).

The automatic wipers seems to work much better in this release. At least on my 20 mins drive through moderate rain it was just right. Unlike this morning before I installed this update (was on 2018.46.2) where I had to manually press for an extra swipe every now and then.

Was comparing api 4 to api 6....

new data element in api likely used in upcoming phone app...:

"remote_heater_control_enabled": false,

new values (used to be true | false) likely related to the new capability to remote control seat heat amount:

"seat_heater_left": 0,
"seat_heater_rear_center": 0,
"seat_heater_rear_left": 0,
"seat_heater_rear_right": 0,
"seat_heater_right": 0,

Gee, I'm waiting 2 years for better autopilot improvements and the best they can do is to program fart sounds !!! Am I the only one bothered by that?
I'm sure some people will, but having worked in a large company before, I really don't think it hurts anything. Many times programmers get excited to do stuff like that and put in more time overall because it's a fun work environment. The time these things take does not usually add up to much at all.

Of course the bigger risk is adding bugs. So it depends on how well the software is partitioned.

Just checked on my car, model s oct. 2017 build. I can use the dash cam but no pole position or controller support. But did they give us another game? I have millepede in my selection?

Attachments

• 32D8C96F-A904-45A3-920D-67BAF99CB910.jpeg
    32D8C96F-A904-45A3-920D-67BAF99CB910.jpeg
    247 KB · Views: 146
So I can now confirm both Pole Position and Breakout games are included with the MCU1 firmware AND they work perfectly on MCU1.

Having done my emulator time this smelled like fish from the beginning. This deserves an incredible amount of attention. I wonder if they are subtly trying to gauge the backlash from MCU1 owners when real features start to be differentiated. For the record the Tegra2 platform is not as shitty and behind the times as many might think. In my opinion the UX could be radically improved from its current state.

Reactions: selfbp