Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.50.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
standards.png

I got the update but NOA seems to have regressed. It hard brakes suddenly and unexpectedly - once I am on the right lane with concrete barrier, there are two ghost cars on the right side in the display which impossible (not even a road on the other side), couple of times it brakes when the cars in the next lane brakes.

Wait.... dont forget the parking spot indicators while on major thoroughfares in the furthest lane from the curb.....

im still waiting on:
  • working rain sensing wipers << They kind of work, given the design don't know they ever will properly though.
  • text and phone support at least the equivalent of a 2005 honda << Yes, this is a big fail, for all the power of the MCU.
  • USB music support that can read an mP3 header << It is VERY fussy about mp3 tags, I finally got it sorted.
  • less than glacial center screen map refresh << Not sure what you mean.
  • AM radio that doesnt cut out under EVERY overpass << I don't use AM but dropping out, wow.

I'm actually taking it as good news that there has been no 2019 release yet, other than minor patches to 2018.50.

In my own little nirvana I envisage Tesla at last listening to the noise from the owners and holding back from the continual stream of incremental updates whilst they work hard to fix all the little niggles that have been there for years and all the major screw ups introduced with V9 too.

Also they are moving to a plan of stable quarterly releases that are pushed OTA to the fleet; with intermediate releases pulled by owners if they want them with the caveat they may have the latest, but these builds may have rough edges.

off to feed the unicorn then ...