Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.50.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did a long drive on 50.6 on a busy freeway and noticed some difference to autopilot compared to 48.12 that I was on. As usual some good, but some bad. When cars are moving from other lanes into my lane now, it no longer is "surprised" and the car slows down quite gracefully before the car is in the middle of my lane. Looking at the instrument cluster, I can see the car going from grey to white and flashing at times when moving into my lane. That's the good news. The bad news is when the cars in the other lane are NOT moving into my lane, the car STILL slows down, especially around curves. I have a clear lane ahead of me, the curves are gentle, but the lanes are reasonably tight. The car is forever slowing down and speeding up as I pass cars in other lanes, and I find myself mashing the accelerator. Sometimes it doesn't even speed up, staying 10km/h below my setting with a clear lane in front of me and a car ahead and to my side. Sigh.
This going slow for no reason behavior seeems to have started with 48.12 for me and drives me insane. I was REALLY hoping that might be just a fluke and would stop soon.
Sigh.
Thanks for that good update

I’m on 50.6 and have so many bugs. Pin 2 drive wouldn’t work and took 3 resets before I was able to drive the car. Spotify requires about 1or 2 MCU restarts everytime I use the car for it to work. The browser goes blank with a white page after a minute or two of browsing. Display glitches. Auto headlights stopped working a few days ago. All adding up to become quite frustrating. I really support what Tesla are doing and appreciate the updates and new features. It’s just through version 7 and 8 there weren’t this many issues. 9 has really been problematic since day 1. Some more testing before general release would be welcomed. F4497804-743F-446E-BC10-FF6B15C0F217.jpeg475F1661-6229-4527-A518-D585C281F2D6.jpegA2211D84-29EB-44B1-87D4-FD8D1EEFA664.jpeg

I’m on 50.6 and have so many bugs. Pin 2 drive wouldn’t work and took 3 resets before I was able to drive the car. Spotify requires about 1or 2 MCU restarts everytime I use the car for it to work. The browser goes blank with a white page after a minute or two of browsing. Display glitches. Auto headlights stopped working a few days ago. All adding up to become quite frustrating. I really support what Tesla are doing and appreciate the updates and new features. It’s just through version 7 and 8 there weren’t this many issues. 9 has really been problematic since day 1. Some more testing before general release would be welcomed. View attachment 374280View attachment 374281View attachment 374282
Just to add I’d like to see fewer fart noises and games and a stable fully functioning system. Pin 2 drive issue meant I couldn’t drive. Only the main function of a car......

• Love
Reactions: BinaryField
I’m on 50.6 and have so many bugs. Pin 2 drive wouldn’t work and took 3 resets before I was able to drive the car. Spotify requires about 1or 2 MCU restarts everytime I use the car for it to work. The browser goes blank with a white page after a minute or two of browsing. Display glitches. Auto headlights stopped working a few days ago. All adding up to become quite frustrating. I really support what Tesla are doing and appreciate the updates and new features. It’s just through version 7 and 8 there weren’t this many issues. 9 has really been problematic since day 1. Some more testing before general release would be welcomed.

Seems like V9 is a disaster for MCU1. If this keeps happening I would personally demand MCU2 retrofit.

Just to add I’d like to see fewer fart noises and games and a stable fully functioning system. Pin 2 drive issue meant I couldn’t drive. Only the main function of a car......
Sorry to hear about your woes. The optimist in me thinks that the reason it's been so long since the last update is they really are ironing out the bugs for the next release. The realist in me thinks it's for more fart noises.

Seems like V9 is a disaster for MCU1. If this keeps happening I would personally demand MCU2 retrofit.

I’ve had a pretty good experience with V9 on my 2015 Model S (MCU1). The only issue I’ve had so far is the missing characters in the UI but a reboot fixed it. This is on 2018.48.12.1. Still haven’t received the update for 50.6. Hopefully it’s not a step backwards.

I’m on 50.6 and have so many bugs.
Oh no! I was hoping this version would fix the buggy, freezing mess that was 48.12.1 (and get Spotify working again). Sounds like none of the existing issues have been fixed (even though the service centre told me they've had a lot of complaints about 48.12.1 and they will all be fixed in the next update).
Something has to change at Tesla, it is really unacceptable they keep releasing poor software updates.
I think at this stage I'll be sticking with 48.12.1 as none of the problems with that version appear to be fixed with 50.6 anyway and I currently don't have the font corruption problems.

• Love
Reactions: BinaryField
browser still working, now almost a week with 50.7. I feel like I can actually demo it to someone now without being embarrassed. Obstacle-aware acceleration still retards acceleration on open roads though, so I leave it off. And I still get the occasional "please wait for car to boot up" when I get in and push the brake pedal. So more bug fixing to do.