Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently downloaded 12.1 on MCU1 AP2.5 (Dec 2017 build) Model S. Glad to now have Sentry Mode but, as is usually the case with software updates, some known issues are fixed and new problems emerge. The voice command button on the wheel no longer works at all. Also, when entering the vehicle and before powering on, a series of odd images (attached) appear on the right side of the driver's display which is normally set to display the clock. Tesla service cancelled a service appointment stating it could be resolved either by an over-the-air update or by a mobile technician. Radio silence since then..... Maybe 2019.12.1.1 will resolve?
IMG_0286.jpg IMG_0287.jpg IMG_0288.jpg IMG_0289.jpg IMG_0290.jpg IMG_0292.jpg

I wish they would let us go back to v8

I would even pay to go back to version 8!

Honestly, the car does not do anything more than it ever has

Version 8 actually had more features for AP1 cars than version 9 (except for some easter eggs). Version 8 is more optimized for portrait displays (Model S and X) whereas version 9 is just the Model 3 UI ported over, thus not taking advantage of the portrait display.

Reactions: Kant.Ing and am_dmd
Just got 2019.12.1.1, but I have a Model X 2018 (FSD) in Spain, so obviously very dissappointed with the update, as it has been for months.

No NOA, no range increase, no fast charging, no flashing brake lights, no advanced summon, ... Since last year the only interesting update has been Sentry Mode.

Elon is constantly saying that his vision involves FSD without geofencing and maps. So current NOA state is a big contradiction regarding this. Current advanced summon too.

Sorry for this small rant. But I am not happy at the moment regarding software updates.

I was lucky enough to receive 2019.12.1 as it was first being deployed. After a little over 500 miles, including some Bay area traffic, I've been pleased with NoA.

The only puzzling behavior I've noticed is the car slowing down to get behind the car it just changed lanes to pass. o_O After I realized that was the "standard" response, I just accelerate back up to speed and the lane change works as intended.

I just received 2019.12.1.1 an hour ago. Interested in seeing if the passing "issue" is corrected.

Just got 2019.12.1.1, but I have a Model X 2018 (FSD) in Spain, so obviously very dissappointed with the update, as it has been for months.

No NOA, no range increase, no fast charging, no flashing brake lights, no advanced summon, ... Since last year the only interesting update has been Sentry Mode.

Could you please post your release notes (for Spain) ?

Have you got the other features? Enroute warm-up, increased supercharging speed ?

I got an even better browser rating than the poster on the last page. Unfortunately, the Spotify web player still does not work :( This was on a Model X 100D manufactured June 2018. I am glad I got all these new features finally. However, I do miss advanced summon from the last beta I was on.

Attachments

• IMG_3238.JPG
    IMG_3238.JPG
    564.5 KB · Views: 123
You're gonna be waiting a long time if you're expecting an OTA range increase on your Model X.

In fact, Model X is the last in the family to get updates. And being in Europe is annoying in terms of software updates. Inside Europe, Germany and Norway tend to be a bit better, but Spain is horrible.

By the way:

ELON: There’s also some things we’ve been able to do for existing customers that are pretty cool. Tesla is as much a software company as a hardware company and we’ve been able to via firmware improve the range of the long-range rear wheel drive car from 310 miles to 325 miles. This will affect all customers including those that were all long range cars shipped to date and new cars. So both existing and new customers will get a 15 mile range increase from 310 to 325.

Could you please post your release notes (for Spain) ?

Have you got the other features? Enroute warm-up, increased supercharging speed ?

If you are talking about unimportant features such as Atari games, enroute warm-up and Dog mode I got them, and they are all almost irrelevant for me (the same as Spain and Model X users are irrelevant for Tesla).

I would change all of the irrelevant features for NOA or smart summon.

• Disagree
Reactions: DCEV and Pale_Rider
I just learned the hard way there is definitely a calibration period for this update. I got 2019.12 today. The GF and I took it for a spin out to dinner. TACC wouldn't keep speed. Anytime I engaged it it started slowing down immediately. Autosteer went unavailable as did TACC. It also seems to lurch forward or back when I adjust the speed so much as 1mph.

We have video including POV video of the drive.

It was rough enough of an experience that when we got home I called Tesla and asked what was going on. The tech was real helpful and explained my side cameras only reached ~90%-95%. He said it shouldn't cause the issues we had but once fully calibrated I should have 0 issues.

I'll update after a few days.

This morning on a regular, familiar drive about 80 min long on the highway round trip I had all the same AP failures I described previously. I submitted several bug reports. This time I called Tesla as I was in the car on the highway on the way home. After a few min he explained my side repeaters are still not calibrated but it's likely due to a hardware failure somewhere in my AP 2.0 system.

So the cause of my new issues is apparently an AP 2.0 failure somewhere in the system since the update and it needs to go into service.

Added "Model S" to the title as there is already a thread called 2019.12 but that one is for Model 3.

At any rate, it showed up in my December 2016, HW 2.0, S a few hours ago.

Drove around a while. Did not notice any obvious changes.

Nice to have Sentry Mode. However I could not get it to trigger in my garage with all the garage lights off. With garage lights on it worked as advertised.

Here are release notes:

View attachment 394567 View attachment 394568 View attachment 394569 View attachment 394570

Try to touch/push the handles it should trigger it. It works on my MX. However, knowing the car's doors, the glass, windows; shaking the car does not unless you really, really do it hard...should be more sensitive. Like with M3.
I guess they don't want too many false-positive videos in their servers...

• Informative
Reactions: Patrick W
Does Sentry Mode allow to record? Seems it may not on 2.0 like it does on 2.5 since it doesn’t say so in the release notes?

How’s the updated browser working?

It records, according to the screen, but it goes to Tesla. We dont have dashcam feature either...
I guess in the event of an accident/damage, you will have to contact Tesla to release your videos.
Now I have sent twites to Elon M. asking for that feature since month ago (7+) they updated our car for data sharing so video and clip
can be taken with AP 2.0 cars for a while. Now they need to go further and allow AP 2.0 owners to collect those videos from their phone.
they gave us a limited storage like 1-5 Go max. if you want more you pay for more and that is it. it will be even safer than having a USB key in your car like the AP 2.5 owners...