Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software updates - Google map does not show speed traps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I google this topic but I could not find any useful info on why it does not show. Not sure if I'm missing some settings, in the latest update, I can see on Google map, the traffic sign and the stop sign but no speed traps. Is the speed trap not showing in Massachusetts or is there some settings that I need to turn on?

Thank you for the fast reply. Unfortunately not, I navigate daily to work and home, I do see on the route both the stop sign and the traffic light but not the speed traps. I compare Tesla map with Google map on my phone, I do see them in Google Map on my phone but not on Tesla google map. The speed traps on Google phone are real, indeed I see a police car there at that location. I should be able to see them on Tesla as well. I would love that feature since I currently have to run two apps.

Thank you, appreciated letting me know. It may be Mass the issue at this point and my luck 😁 I always wanted this feature so I did not need to use two devices. Maybe one day it will show up. If anyone from Mass can chime in, it would be great.

Thanks again for all your replies.

....I do see them in Google Map on my phone but not on Tesla google map....
Tesla dosn't use Google Maps navigation. It uses Google satellite images in the UI (could easily use Apple Maps images instead) but all navigation is done through the Tesla Navigation Data file. Tesla does aggregate Navigation data from multiple sources. So they may buy some or all of the Speed camera data from Google but we have no way of knowing the source.

So in effect the title of the tread is incorrect and should say "Tesla navigation maps does not show speed traps. ;)

Reactions: RNHurt
This is a mystery, I'm really not sure I'm doing something wrong. In the morning I navigate to "Work" and I do see the traffic lights and the stop signs along the route but not the speed traps. I do see people from different states so I'm not sure why I would not see Mass speed traps. For a quick recap, I do see speed traps on my phones and at the same point the cruise but not on the Tesla map.

Great this topic is raised. I’m driving in the NETHERLANDS and during route I did see the notifications. Am I correct NO noise is being made to alert me? And #2: how can I add items (via the tesla screen) to google? Don’t tell me I need to open my phone; as well activate the route and use the + option on google maps on the phone :)

Mine shows stop signs, traffic lights and speed traps while navigating only. Speed traps are limited to only of the fixed variety such as camera speed traps. There is no warning, only visual. I always run Waze on the phone for all speed traps. I am located in Canada if that makes any difference.

Reactions: saj070
I see a small message at the top left of the navigation area when I approach the speed trap. It's not that big of a notification...
Where exactly do you see message?
I have yet to see anything and I have tried with nav and basic autopilot and see no message. I know where there are fixed speed camera’s and fixed red light and fixed no turn camera’s are all in the Montreal area.

Do you need to have FSD beta?