Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

software upgrade 22.36.6 and FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am confused again. Apparently, the 2022.36.6 is officially v11.0 from Tesla. I just found out when I was about to update the software today.

This is what shows on my screen.
IMG_6436.jpeg

I am confused again. Apparently, the 2022.36.6 is officially v11.0 from Tesla. I just found out when I was about to update the software today.

This is what shows on my screen.
v11 (in your pic) is the UI version that we have been on since last year. You have been on v11 for a year now. The Beta is v10.69.3.1 with v11.x coming soon. [made up example]It is a little like if you had Widows v11 and you updated to Office v11. They may both be v11 but they are not the same v11.

I also am glad I did not pull the trigger on 2022.40.x. I am currently on 2022.36.6. I see a bunch of updates on Teslafi today for 2022.36.20

I have months of 96+ safety score, but I let my FSD subscription lapse last month. Any idea how I can get back in the queue for FSD beta?

Just went from 36.6 to 36.20 this morning! First FSD drive was my 56 mile commute, half was on a 2 lane highway. A wonderful experience. FSD still wants to stop for flashing yellow lights in front of fire stations though, so I will never have a commute without disengagments.

Is there a way to "train" the navigation on my prefered route?

Just went from 36.6 to 36.20 this morning! First FSD drive was my 56 mile commute, half was on a 2 lane highway. A wonderful experience. FSD still wants to stop for flashing yellow lights in front of fire stations though, so I will never have a commute without disengagments.

Is there a way to "train" the navigation on my prefered route?
No. But you can now select from up to three alternate routes on the map display (couldn’t do that on 2022.20.19). I am away from home for the holiday, and got the update early yesterday (Nov-21). I am anxious to try it out near home. The routing choices it made near my home were just stupid. I’m hoping at least one of the alternate routes will be better.

Did anyone else receive 2022.40.x while on 2022.36.6 but skipped installing and waited to be added with FSD Beta 10.69.3.1 / 2022.36.20?

I am in the same boat. I am currently on 2022.36.6 with a pending update for 2022.40.4.1. However, I haven't installed it since the latest public beta is on 2022.36.20. Has anyone here confirmed, if you leave the higher pending update and the criteria of 80+ safety score and 100+ Autopilot miles that the FSD beta push will override the higher pending update with the FSD beta?

slightly off topic, but when I received 2022.20.19 it (finally) enabled FSD on my 2017!! Loving the visualization display and mostly impressed with how it drives in most circumstances. My area has tons of two lane roundabouts (aka traffic circles) and it fails to stay in its lane miserably.

But the visualization and situation awareness is amazing. Gives confidence that Tesla WILL eventually get there!
67C10553-9225-4D45-AD5B-B44229EE221F.jpeg
266AC51D-3CD8-4190-BF73-BF0A655327A6.jpeg

I received my 22 MYLR in August and signed up for the beta queue right away. I went from 36.6 to 36.20 FSD beta this morning. Im extremely impressed with how smooth it is. I live in Florida with no potholes and wide roads, so it seems more confident than in many Youtube videos Ive seen in more challenging environments. I drove it 60 miles (to Miami and back) today. A few notes in case others find this helpful

- Braking on highway seems less abrupt
- following distance is further than I remember it on regular autopilot on the highway
- There are 3 modes of FSD beta......passive, standard and aggressive. I recommend that all who are new use passive to start
- The camera tracks your head movement and if its positioned straight forward. If you tilt your head down or away from the windshield for more than 13 seconds (without briefly looking straight ahead for at least a second), you will get a warning chime. Shortly thereafter, you may get a disengagement
- Not sure if the camera tracks your iris/pupils, or if you can keep your head straight while looking at your phone and not get a warning. Also, don't know how dark your sunglasses need to be to block your pupils
- Merging on the highway can be squirrly.
- It almost ran a red light....had to intervene. Its great software but attention at all times is needed (as everyone says)

Overall, I love it. Here in Florida, they actually made an exception to the law prohibiting cell phone use while driving, excluding autonomous cars. Im an idiot, so Ill probably take advantage of that once I feel comfortable with FSD. My only basis of comparison is autopilot, and FSD is so much better than AP. Looking forward at some point to getting V11, and to compare that to 36.20.

Good luck to everyone in queue.........you should be getting it very soon.

Safe travels!