Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Version 2018.50.6 - No new features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@cruiserlarry i have to speculate this new behavior will stay. It's safer being confused at a slow speed than finding the the car suddenly accelerates when disabling auto-steer at high speeds.

While I understand the safety implications here and think that the behavior of freezing the present speed upon disengagement is probably permanent, I think it needs one change.

This morning I had to jerk the wheel out of autosteer and the TACC remained engaged at whatever speed the interruption happened at. This I have no problem with and understand the logic for.

However after this event I’m then on the freeway on TACC at 23 MPH or whatever and double-tap the stalk for autopilot and it remained at 23 MPH even though it knew the speed limit is 65 and I have a 10 MPH delta set.

When engaging autopilot again after such an event it should make use of the speed limit and settings, not remain at the TACC speed.

While I understand the safety implications here and think that the behavior of freezing the present speed upon disengagement is probably permanent, I think it needs one change.

This morning I had to jerk the wheel out of autosteer and the TACC remained engaged at whatever speed the interruption happened at. This I have no problem with and understand the logic for.

However after this event I’m then on the freeway on TACC at 23 MPH or whatever and double-tap the stalk for autopilot and it remained at 23 MPH even though it knew the speed limit is 65 and I have a 10 MPH delta set.

When engaging autopilot again after such an event it should make use of the speed limit and settings, not remain at the TACC speed.

Yes, that is annoying.

On an S/X, hold the stalk back for 2 sec or so and it goes to current speed.

On a 3, touch the speed limit sign on the center display.

After dozens of releases on my two cars, I always reboot after an upgrade. You think the software install does it and of course it does. But the extra one resets other things and I and tons of other people will tell you that many little things that get broken will be fixed by a normal (two scroll wheel) reboot.

On a 3 this takes about 30 seconds, a little longer on an S or X. It definitely it is not superstition.

Just updated to 50.6 an hour ago. If anyone had audio or weak subwoofer issues in the past, this feels like it made a noticeable improvement.

Last I tested the autowipers was on 50.0 and it was still too slow. It seemed to always wipe at the speed between the first and second manual modes and never any faster. There won't be any rain all week so won't be able to test it on this version.

Reactions: Richt