Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Version 2018.50.6 - No new features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else notice anything weird with the "miles left in the battery" main range estimator? The green battery symbol is the one I'm talking about.

I did a short trip to dry off my car after a wash and hit tripple digits in speed, for about 2 minutes. When I parked after the short 10 minute blast up the freeway I noticed my freshly charged battery at 245 miles showed just over 210 miles, think it was 215, so I lost 30 miles in about 10 minutes and maybe 15 miles. It seemed like more battery was consumed than I expected.

When I parked back at work, I decided not to recharge, since it was a short commute day. When I got back to the car there were 11 more miles in the battery. Its almost as if the main range estimator was downgrading the range based on my very high usage.

Anyone else notice this?

In the dead of winter, parked outside at work, I'm kinda OK with my car not responding INSTANTLY on the app. It means it's "asleep", and not phantom draining to reduce range for my ride home from work.

I got this update last night, and I didn't notice anything different, good or bad, with EAP on my commute in. It appears to be pretty much the same as 50.5 was.

I'm guessing the incremental difference here is likely the high beam flickering, which I haven't had a chance to test at night yet.

I still had the headlight flickering issue this morning after receiving this update last night unfortunately. It doesn't really bother me that much as it stops after a second or two and doesn't seem to do it again after they are on. EAP seemed a little more solid on my frigid ride in to work this morning minus a couple slight phantom brake events but I seem to always get those after an update. So far car does seem to wake up quicker so that's nice as sometime it wouldn't wake up at all and when it's really cold that's annoying because I want to preheat!

• Informative
Reactions: phigment
In the Tesla 3 Owner's manual, they specifically state under Cautions for Exterior Cleaning - "Do not use windshield treatment fluids. Doing so can interfere with wiper friction and cause a chattering sound."

Have you noticed this issue?

Yes. I didn't use Rain-X but a similar glass cleaner product and the wiper chattering and jumping was terrible. Won't make that mistake again.

I'm personally the opposite. I was in a light sprinkle the other day and my wipers were going crazy which was extremely distracting. I much rather have to occasionally push the button on the stalk than to have them going too fast.
I'm with you, for some reason wipers annoy me and I only want minimal usage. (Annoys my wife ro no end) The lowest setting isn't low enough for me so I'm mainly a "stalker".

Parked car outside at work 30 minutes ago. Just went to check the status in the app. Took 22 seconds to respond.

Is that any faster than usual for you? So far, it hasn't taken more than 2-3 seconds for it to connect every time today. It has never, ever been this quick for me.

In the dead of winter, parked outside at work, I'm kinda OK with my car not responding INSTANTLY on the app. It means it's "asleep", and not phantom draining to reduce range for my ride home from work.

I got this update last night, and I didn't notice anything different, good or bad, with EAP on my commute in. It appears to be pretty much the same as 50.5 was.

I'm guessing the incremental difference here is likely the high beam flickering, which I haven't had a chance to test at night yet.

The thing is, it's still responding/connecting nearly instantly even from being asleep (verified with TeslaFi). Also, someone else mentioned in another thread that it actually does connect instantly, but the app just takes long to wake up. The person who had said this (can't remember who it was on here) said you can test this yourself by turning your bluetooth off and going to the car and opening the app. When you open the app you'll almost instantly hear the car wake up even though in the app it still says "waking up...".

I guess this update somehow made this delay faster... not sure how, but I'm liking it a lot so far. I've had response times of 2-3 seconds every time so far today which is literally 10x faster than what I usually see when connecting.

Is that any faster than usual for you? So far, it hasn't taken more than 2-3 seconds for it to connect every time today. It has never, ever been this quick for me.

The thing is, it's still responding/connecting nearly instantly even from being asleep (verified with TeslaFi). Also, someone else mentioned in another thread that it actually does connect instantly, but the app just takes long to wake up. The person who had said this (can't remember who it was on here) said you can test this yourself by turning your bluetooth off and going to the car and opening the app. When you open the app you'll almost instantly hear the car wake up even though in the app it still says "waking up...".

I guess this update somehow made this delay faster... not sure how, but I'm liking it a lot so far. I've had response times of 2-3 seconds every time so far today which is literally 10x faster than what I usually see when connecting.

I found the opposite with my car:

I found it got fixed with 2018.50 and it seems to be broken again and behaving the same way as 2018.49.12.1. I'm getting Vehicle Connection Errors in the app once again.

Reactions: Perry
I just used NoA after the update. Seems like it handles merging lanes better. Before the update, if there was a car that was on the right side of the merge, the car would slow down and let the other car go in. Now, it just continues and pass the car that is merging which is how I do it when I drive.

• Informative
Reactions: mhan00
Installed 2018.50.6 4ec03ed last night. Today I discovered that the car will not unlock for me when I approach it with my phone -- something that has worked 100% of the time for me from the time of purchase up through today. Thought once might be a fluke and the car might be slow to wake until it happened a second time. Ran through a few scenarios at home and it was consistent.

I rebooted after the update, and again after I noticed the problem. I've had the car for 4 months now, and never had an issue with unlock on approach until today. The trunk still unlocks for me when I approach with my phone in my pocket or in my hand, but none of the doors do. The screen flashes for me to hold my key card to the door to unlock the car if I try to open the door. I can manually unlock the door from my phone, and I have no problem with the car recognizing the phone to drive.

Anyone else? Samsung Galaxy S8.

Installed 2018.50.6 4ec03ed last night. Today I discovered that the car will not unlock for me when I approach it with my phone -- something that has worked 100% of the time for me from the time of purchase up through today. Thought once might be a fluke and the car might be slow to wake until it happened a second time. Ran through a few scenarios at home and it was consistent.

I rebooted after the update, and again after I noticed the problem. I've had the car for 4 months now, and never had an issue with unlock on approach until today. The trunk still unlocks for me when I approach with my phone in my pocket or in my hand, but none of the doors do. The screen flashes for me to hold my key card to the door to unlock the car if I try to open the door. I can manually unlock the door from my phone, and I have no problem with the car recognizing the phone to drive.

Anyone else? Samsung Galaxy S8.
Works fine with my S7 Edge. Do you have the Tesla icon on your notification? Sometimes when there is an app update, I will need to open the app one time so the Tesla icon is back.

I'm hopeful that they have fixed the loading error in this build. I played Tesla Daily podcast (seems to give me most loading errors of anything) and I noticed new behavior. It tried reloading about 3 times before it actually worked....but it actually worked and didn't error. Anyone else noticed this?