Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software version 32.17 722130c

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just pulled this down this am over wifi. Got a little concerned when the update and main 17" screen became unresponsive and displayed "Software update required, contact Tesla service" where the "Hold steering wheel" message pops up when autopilot is engaged. Ended up unplugging from my hpwc and the car rebooted and all is good.

No apparent changes other than maybe tracking of a secondary car in the same lane. I've seen this when another car merged in, but not driving. Here are a couple pics:
OVCyF4M.jpg

uhQ43sA.jpg

Here are the release notes:
sl5uBJx.jpg

Reactions: Sterph and ALLMYNE
Just pulled this down this am over wifi. Got a little concerned when the update and main 17" screen became unresponsive and displayed "Software update required, contact Tesla service" where the "Hold steering wheel" message pops up when autopilot is engaged. Ended up unplugging from my hpwc and the car rebooted and all is good.

No apparent changes other than maybe tracking of a secondary car in the same lane. I've seen this when another car merged in, but not driving. Here are a couple pics:
OVCyF4M.jpg

uhQ43sA.jpg

Here are the release notes:
sl5uBJx.jpg
I noticed yesterday that I had the two car feature "back", but I am on 2017.32.6 that I got last week. I had not noticed the dual cars last week, but did yesterday and was happy to see that back. It just seems to me (may only be in my head) that my car brakes better when it sees that second one ahead. Maybe it was seeing it anyway, but actually showing that second car in the display is a nice thing. It was tracking a motorcycle directly in front of me nicely yesterday, even as the biker went from left to right in the lane. So, not sure if this new .17 release is related to the two car display or not.

just noticed a burst of downloads reported on EV-FW for this FW version.......intriguing that a bug fix version would be pushed heavily so soon after 2017.32.6.xxxxxxx
sitting here like a little kid on Christmas Eve waiting for some significant feature addition, like read speed limit signs, more enhanced AP features, something, give us waiting children something already
PS.....AP2 100D

I got this on my S75D and noticed a few things:
- autopilot does seem silkier. It's smoother both in turns where it's a little less jerky and in stopping while in traffic.
- the result of smoother stopping in traffic appears to result in less aggressive deceleration which means the brake lights don't always engage. Not sure if I'm imagining this or not.
- creating hills seems a little better. At least on the two hills that normally present a problem for me on my commute it didn't do the same jerk-to-the-right thing that it normally does. Just went straight over.
- second car in front on the display as reported
- Canadian speed limits are now fixed! I've been waiting for this fix since day 1. The display now shows a proper limit in kmh instead of the incorrectly converted one. Yay!
- I'm not sure, but I think some of the fonts are cleaned up. They seem a little lighter/thinner. Particularly the vehicle name on the drivers console and the clock.
- the Passive Unlock as previously reported now shows up.

Overall this is a great update for me so far! Some good bug fixes and more improvement in AP2 performance.

• Informative
Reactions: ItsMyS and mrElbe
I got this update overnight Wednesday. On Thursday morning I was driving to an appointment and this continual beep-beep alarm type sound started coming from the front speakers. The navigation system which I was using started ghosting another destination. So would hear the directions I wanted and some other directions right after. Pulled over turned off the car, walked away for a minute then got back in and turned true car on. All noises started again. Did a reboot and the beeping stopped but the navigation issue remains. When I got home I had apparently gotten a lot of summon fail notifications on the app as well. Tesla says it needs to go to the Service Center.