Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SolarCity (SCTY)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, not too much justice. From the link

"Lyndon and Peter Rive are among 15 top-paid U.S. executives".

That was including the options which he lost now.

Over last several years Rive's made a measly 300K/annum. That's less than a lowly manager's comp with a small team of 5 to 6 people in Silicon Valley.

The shares they sold in 2014 and the remaining that they continue to carry are from way before, even before ipo.

Last edited:

Over last several years Rive's made a measly 300K/annum. That's less than a lowly manager's comp with a small team of 5 to 6 people in Silicon Valley.

The shares they sold in 2014 and the remaining that they continue to carry are from way before, even before ipo.

They're probably jumping to conclusions. Chances their compensation is renegotiated to have an equivalent in TSLA.

Updated: Headed for the exits, Nevada PUC Commissioner David Noble lifts lid on net metering fight

This is interesting Nevada PUC commissioner Noble claims that the solar industry never provided any evidence on the benefit of rooftop solar, and yet this was in fact submitted in TASC's testimony. It sounds like Noble did not bother to read solar testimony. So if Noble is wrong on a basic point of fact like whether evidence had be submitted or not, how will the court reviewing this case view the actions of the PUC. It seems some really basic points of process had broken down.

The $47 million in stock he sold in the last three years was almost certainly earned as part of his compensation. Almost all the insiders were dumping stock, likely because 1) They saw real competition entering the market, and 2) The ITC set to expire.

The $47 million in stock he sold in the last three years was almost certainly earned as part of his compensation. Almost all the insiders were dumping stock, likely because 1) They saw real competition entering the market, and 2) The ITC set to expire.

You can see in the filing here. Rive brothers did not get any stock or options in 13, 14, 15 (the ones they got in 15 are getting cancelled).

I read on Bloomberg somewhere that Rive brothers didn't get an equity or option awards since IPO.

So it can be deduced that the shares they sold in 14 are from their stakes before IPO.

Why all insiders were selling like crazy, I guess we all understand that now. They were exiting out off a sinking ship as fast they can.

Supreme Court rules against referendum on rooftop solar rates

The ballot access battle pitted the solar industry, primarily SolarCity, against NV Energy, the Berkshire Hathaway-owned electric utility that operates as Nevada Power in Southern Nevada.

The decision means voters will not get to decide whether to overturn the 2015 law that allowed the Nevada Public Utilities Commission to impose new, higher charges for rooftop solar customers.

Thanks for the post. So it seems the Nevada Supreme Court has put this to Sandoval to decide. Since he axed Noble (previous PUC chairman) we shall see who he appoints as it will decide how this will go.

From my perspective, this is what he probably has to consider.

NV Energy (Buffet money), status quo with additional (1 billion?) investment by Berkshire Hathaway. Maybe 100-500 jobs for a new plant.

Tesla/Solarcity (Musk money), with new GigaFactory, 10k direct manufacturing jobs projected for now, more likely later. Hmm... Good manufacturing jobs, something this state seriously needs to diversify from Gambling.

We shall see. Guess the (technically unofficial) state motto "Battle Born" rings true here. I will just amend it to:

"Billionaire Battle Born"

Reactions: Lessmog
Hampshire College seeks to get all needed energy from solar

Project partner SolarCity will construct the two photovoltaic (PV) solar arrays, each coupled with a 250 kilowatt (500 kilowatt-hour) battery-storage system. Under the project’s power-purchase agreement, the solar arrays and battery system will be built and operated by SolarCity, and Hampshire will purchase the electricity from SolarCity at a fixed rate that is lower than what the college now pays for electricity. Hampshire is estimating it will save up to $400,000 per year for 20 years, up to $8 million total in electricity costs.

HECO Launches Solar Self-Supply Option For Homeowners :: Solar Industry

“Generating electricity, storing it, and using the energy on-site is the new normal. This product will help make the grid stronger and more reliable,” says Jon Yoshimura, director of policy and electricity markets for SolarCity, which recently installed a self-supply system with batteries at a home in Manoa.

Reactions: GoTslaGo
Nope, not really. It's a pumping ground.

We just try to provide a bit of balance. But clearly, it's not working :)

It's working.....for those who are paying attention. And I wouldn't use the term "we", as pretty much every SCTY bear here other than yourself lacked any substance whatsoever in their posting. Hating on something is not the same as having fundamental concerns.

I haven't been following too closely over the last 60 days, but you certainly nailed SCTY at most turns over the last 9-10 months. Kudos to you for not starting an "I was right all along" thread! Personally I find your views a bit too gloomy for an Elon-run company operating in such a sure-thing growth sector, but the concerns were certainly real.

To me, there was never a scenario any worse than the one we're in right now where Elon folds SCTY into TSLA. People WILL be buying(leasing) all-in-one solar/battery/car solutions from TSLA by the boatload, it's just a shame that they couldn't get over the hump in time to make me rich. I somehow underestimated the level of regulatory corruption and over-rated consumer apathy. Shame on me.

I will wait for my residual TSLA shares to hit $320 and break even on my SCTY gamble. A year at most?

It's working.....for those who are paying attention. And I wouldn't use the term "we", as pretty much every SCTY bear here other than yourself lacked any substance whatsoever in their posting. Hating on something is not the same as having fundamental concerns.

I haven't been following too closely over the last 60 days, but you certainly nailed SCTY at most turns over the last 9-10 months. Kudos to you for not starting an "I was right all along" thread! Personally I find your views a bit too gloomy for an Elon-run company operating in such a sure-thing growth sector, but the concerns were certainly real.

To me, there was never a scenario any worse than the one we're in right now where Elon folds SCTY into TSLA. People WILL be buying(leasing) all-in-one solar/battery/car solutions from TSLA by the boatload, it's just a shame that they couldn't get over the hump in time to make me rich. I somehow underestimated the level of regulatory corruption and over-rated consumer apathy. Shame on me.

I will wait for my residual TSLA shares to hit $320 and break even on my SCTY gamble. A year at most?

Thanks for the kind words Mule :) appreciate it.

For the record, despite my views being largely bearish for a while now, I was never short the stock. After my long exit trade, I used to follow the thread and post merely as intellectual curiosity. With the recent merger talks I became lot more active just like many other TSLA players.

Reactions: doggusfluffy
Status
Not open for further replies.