Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SolarCity (SCTY)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• SCTY ANR.bmp
    379.8 KB · Views: 1,379
  • SCTY_Recognia sym cont triangle bullish.bmp
    379.8 KB · Views: 1,308
  • SCTY_bullish.bmp
    366.2 KB · Views: 1,342
Interesting research paper, but the novel concept in the paper is that any blu-ray disk gives you an easy to use template for photon capture. I believe the photon capture effect was already well known. Whether it is applicable to high efficiency solar panels, well, neither the article or underlying paper addresses that.

Interesting article. Looks like solar city is very likely going to get a 6 million dollar contract for a utility scale site for some county.

Details are sparse if anyone has more info please share

SolarCity gets new site list from Otsego - Local News - The Daily Star

If I read it correctly, they already have the contract, they just don't quite know where it's going to be built. They just closed on a $400M financing deal with BofA, though, so this particular contract is only 1.5% of that deal, and even less if you consider the total their total power purchase agreement style of installation. So I don't think it is all that big a deal for them. Walmart is much bigger.

Happy New Year to you all,

any thoughts on current directions of SCTY? I'm not quite sure what to think of the insider sellings - diversification of investment? And just a wild idea from a dream last night: What if Google acquired SolarCity?

Happy New Year to you all,

any thoughts on current directions of SCTY? I'm not quite sure what to think of the insider sellings - diversification of investment? And just a wild idea from a dream last night: What if Google acquired SolarCity?

NO idea about the insider selling, but what seems clear is that the bullish triangle pattern seen by Recognia never happened. They probably thought end of November was going to be a positive breakout but that was clearly untrue. Now the stock has hit the same peak twice while the lows in between have been getting lower. All at low volume.

Looks like investor uncertainty which won't be helped by the CEO selling all his shares.

I don't follow SCTY closely and am not an investor but as far as I can tell there doesn't seem to be any weakness in the fundamentals. The market seems uncertain about how SCTY will fare with these super-low fossil fuel prices. SCTY doesn't have the same 'still-equally-attractive-even-with-free-oil' quality that TSLA does, so I think the uncertainty here is more justified than at TSLA.

If you guys know SCTY a lot better than me you might be sure that the low oil won't hurt SCTY in the long run and might be confident that the company can keep getting big contracts. If that is the case this looks like a prime buying opportunity. As Buffet said 'Be fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful'. Well, others look pretty fearful at the moment if you ask me.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
No SCTY Stock here, but i dont like this ****:

Congressional leaders charge Watchdog.org

I hope this will not tarnish the reputation of Elon

From a commenter on the article, here are the congress members going after solar:

Last election, Paul A. Gosar received $11,000 from oil and gas as well as $28,000 from electric utilities.
Last election, Matt Salmon received $30,000 from electric utilities.
Last election, Lamar Smith received $93,000 from oil and gas.
Last election, Ted Poe received $79,000 from oil and gas.
Last election, Jeff Miller received $30,000 from electric utilities.
Last election, Cynthia Lummis received $91,000 from oil and gas as well as $13,000 from electric utilities.
Last election, David McKinley received $77,000 from oil and gas as well as $72,000 from electric utilities.
Last election, Andy Harris received $40,000 from oil and gas.
Last election, Mo Brooks received $18,000 from electric utilities.
Last election, Morgan Griffith received $56,000 from oil and gas as well as $61,000 from electric utilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solar Jobs Report Shows Huge Growth

WASHINGTON -– The solar industry reports job growth 20 times higher than the rest of the U.S. economy, according to a new analysis.
As of 2014, there were nearly 174,000 jobs in the solar industry, according to the report from the nonprofit Solar Foundation. That represents 86 percent employment growth since the organization began tracking job figures in 2010. By the end of 2015, companies said they expect to hire an additional 36,000 new solar workers.

Status
Not open for further replies.