Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solved: EV Unfriendliness in Scottsdale (Talking Stick)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everyone makes mistakes and especially when running a business you can't always have your eyes on every employee and what's happening. Everyone who makes a mistake should get a chance to make it right. Writing negative reviews should be the last option when management shows no sign of making it right. Glad it turned out positive with this hotel!

What a bad experience! I'm sorry that happened to you. Please post a review at Talking Stick Resort - Scottsdale, AZ | Yelp - while it won't help other EV enthusiasts, necessarily, it will be something that the resort management will definitely see & perhaps change their policy for the future.
Thanks for the heads up and sorry that you had problems! We will most definitely avoid this 'resort' when we go to Scottsdale next month!

Thanks for the heads up and sorry that you had problems! We will most definitely avoid this 'resort' when we go to Scottsdale next month!

You must have missed this... they're mending their ways... this is all relatively new technology so we need to educate, and then forgive and support when an error is acknowledged and action is taken:

Follow-up:

I had a long talk with the Hotel Director yesterday, who advised me that what happened was the product of misinformed security personnel and confusion that arose as a result of them not having any formal EV policies.

Based upon my letter, he investigated all of the companies' 22 affiliated properties and learned that only 4 had charging facilities. He has indicated that he is taking this issue very seriously, and will immediately begin implementing policies to ensure that EV customers needs will me met. He has indicated that he will keep me apprised of his progress, will attempt to formally open up the standard wall outlets for use in the interim, and hopes to have formal pro-EV policies in place by September. He even reached out to Tesla prior to our conversation, to find out the details of their equipment installation program and confirmed that their facility was prewired for EV charging that had not yet been implemented.

Major kudos to Robb McCreary -- the hotel director -- for taking these issues seriously and for talking this issue head on. I wasn't expecting a response to my letter at all, and instead found a hotel director who listens and cares about his customer's issues.