Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solved: wind noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What promoter did you use?
I would assume he used alcohol to clean and promote the seal. But I haven’t done this yet, so I’ll let him chime in.
If it’s good tape, and the area was cleaned properly, it really should stick no problem I would think.
This link may or may not be useful to some as well. It seems to have the seal needed, and much more.

Hey guys,

Something i haven't seen yet a tesla mobile tech came today, He gave me a piece of rubber he said fits perfectly and is designed for the front window rubber. He said I can put it in if it the door adjustment doesn't help the wind noise and should push the rubber out perfectly a little more.

The part number is 1021462-00-B if anyone needs it, I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else so figured i'd mention it here! I'm going to drive later and see if the door adjustment he did helped if not i'll put in this rubber piece he gave me.

Basically he said pull the rubber near the back of the glass (towards passenger off) and there is a hole, you can slide this piece in then cut it to length then put it back on and it'll make the rubber fit a lot closer to the window.

Attachments

• IMG_6584 (1).jpg
    IMG_6584 (1).jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 247
Can you take a picture of where this replacement part goes?

I wonder if that is a 3rd party (non Tesla) product that the tech is using.

Reactions: Atraf
Can you take a picture of where this replacement part goes?

I wonder if that is a 3rd party (non Tesla) product that the tech is using.
It's a legit Tesla part # (per epc.tesla.com):

LARGE STUFFER, OUTER BELT SEAL1021462-00-B Over The Counter

Unfortunately, it's not depicted there nor does it offer installation instructions.

Can you provide more pictures? possibly more zoomed out, hard to see with those

Tried to draw where my problems occur.
I have used tape to cover the problem areas.
Seems like the air comes from the area under A pillar and then continue to my gap between the mirror bracket and black molding.
Stuffed some spunges under a pillar next to windshield as OP said too.

Saw that it's a clear path under the A pillar to the headlight as tried to shown on the one picture.
Haven't tried to close the gaps around headlight, but might work?

Attachments

• 20231206_133539.jpg
    20231206_133539.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 20231205_213642 (1).jpg
    20231205_213642 (1).jpg
    583.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 20231205_183441.jpg
    20231205_183441.jpg
    421.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 20231206_095638 (1).jpg
    20231206_095638 (1).jpg
    417.3 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: mike25
Hey guys,

Something i haven't seen yet a tesla mobile tech came today, He gave me a piece of rubber he said fits perfectly and is designed for the front window rubber. He said I can put it in if it the door adjustment doesn't help the wind noise and should push the rubber out perfectly a little more.

The part number is 1021462-00-B if anyone needs it, I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else so figured i'd mention it here! I'm going to drive later and see if the door adjustment he did helped if not i'll put in this rubber piece he gave me.

Basically he said pull the rubber near the back of the glass (towards passenger off) and there is a hole, you can slide this piece in then cut it to length then put it back on and it'll make the rubber fit a lot closer to the window.

Any pictures of this installed? I'm having trouble visualizing how to install it.

Is there no way to edit your own posts? Anyway I found my answer on installation placement but I'm still wondering about the sealing of the weatherstripping. Did you stick it right on the edge in order to ensure a tight seal when the door is closed? It does not look like the seals on the Model S or Lexus photos in earlier replies.

Old post but I am just getting my 3 sorted out after reading all these threads and posts. Did you stick the Z weatherstripping on the leading edge of the door, or on the trailing edge of the fender?

I just installed it on my drivers door and with the door closed it does not create a seal or even cover the gap.
Door edge