Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solved: wind noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Frameless windows are the absolute worst. Guarantee in 5-10 years these forums will be filled with people complaining about water intrusion and even more pronounced wind noise.
I'm on my second M3. Picked up the new one in August and every time I go through a touchless carwash I get nailed with water coming through the upper left corner of my driver side window. Instead of having a meltdown, I'm going to wait until I get the tires rotated to get that taken care of. Yes, I'm too lazy to rotate my own tires lol

For wind noise, I checked my Mercedes and they really focus on the A-Pillar ie the gap between front fender and the front door. So I did the same on my M3LR, and voila, the annoying wind noise is gone which was very apparent during windy days.

Nice work. !
What specifically did you add/fix. ?
Added Z weatherstrip to the inside.

FE752F27-DD36-4C76-975B-39D41FA43CDA.png

I just received my 2023 M3R last week, and so far it's quiet as all can be. None of the wind noises or resonances that are being reported here. I used to own an Acura 2014 RLX years back, which was a very quiet car (despite all the other issues it had), and my M3R is just as quiet, if not more quiet now without any engine :)
I also can't report of any wind noise as long as I am under 65mph. Above that, I can hear it, especially on windy +10mph days

Reactions: M109Rider
HEllo @hologr, withc gap do you speak about ? And do you have a picture of the modification on 2023 Model 3 ?
Thanks
Yea, scroll back to the very first posting on this thread, and you will the pic of where the OP filled a gap with a piece of sponge.

If you look at my picture, you'll see this area is now filled in as part of the OEM weather proofing strip installed. This is a brand new 2023.

Attachments

• 08F71FE1-BF72-411E-A6BA-C5B868AF8121.jpeg
    08F71FE1-BF72-411E-A6BA-C5B868AF8121.jpeg
    322.2 KB · Views: 297
Reactions: TomaGo and enemji