Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe his track record is nearly spot on. He has some sources inside tesla and he previously leaked some internal emails and stuff I think. The Reddit teslamotor mods vouch for him

I have a 2022 MY LR sitting in my garage which was delivered 2 days ago and is running the Atom chip. His info does not appear to be accurate for -very- recently made Model Y's. In fact we're still trying to find the first confirmed casa of a US Model Y that does have AMD.

I believe his track record is nearly spot on. He has some sources inside tesla and he previously leaked some internal emails and stuff I think. The Reddit teslamotor mods vouch for him
Not even close. Seems like a good guy but listen to some of his clubhouse sessions. He never actually answers anything and everything is ambiguous to make it sound like he knows. He may get some tips that come across slightly early maybe from low level Tesla employees moving cars around the lot but he doesn’t predict well into the future.

Reactions: btownalset
Anyone can YT, tweet or insta anything they want. There is ZERO accountability for being wrong any longer in the social media world as people just move along and don't hold people accountable for spreading lies. I will believe all these changes when someone here or that I know personally, actually takes delivery and shows us. Until then any one can say anything. Tweet away and get your clicks, likes and thumbs up. Worthless.
That is only sort of true. Yes there is little accountability but Sawyer does have a good track record for these things. The only accountability is us, if he's wrong we start to ignore him.

I have a 2022 MY LR sitting in my garage which was delivered 2 days ago and is running the Atom chip. His info does not appear to be accurate for -very- recently made Model Y's. In fact we're still trying to find the first confirmed casa of a US Model Y that does have AMD.
On youtube there are is a person with video of their model y showing the Ryzen chip. I believe it is @vegasko who has the car on our forum. I am not sure if he owns this Youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUw8c4U2qqSlQWK6aU7ybnw @

Where are you seeing these confirmations? could you link it here?
just random tweets, redditors, and people on here saying their SA said they are getting AMD based on their vin.

today, few different SA said all new MY have the upgrades. That tweet from mostly reputable said all new MY/3 have updates besides maybe heated wipers based on internal document sent out today.

1641600593645.png

Yeah, he's HIGHLY respected in the Tesla community--almost Rob Mauer/Dave Lee level IMO. Doesn't mean he's always right, but he's not some clown posting opinions as facts.