Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
o was
I'm 354 so I guess I'm getting the Intel. Oh well, that's ok. I'm not going to screw somebody else and turn it down; I wasn't expecting the AMD when I ordered so I have no right to reject it.
Not sure what this talk about “right to reject” is. Tesla is clearly allowing holding order or rejecting Car deliveries. You are exercising a right that is in your order agreement. And how would you exactly screw someone else? You’ll make another person happier as they’ll get theirs earlier. My SA said someone called today and wanted to take delivery asap so she matched the vin to that person.

Reactions: Wigan
o was

Not sure what this talk about “right to reject” is. Tesla is clearly allowing holding order or rejecting Car deliveries. You are exercising a right that is in your order agreement. And how would you exactly screw someone else? You’ll make another person happier as they’ll get theirs earlier. My SA said someone called today and wanted to take delivery asap so she matched the vin to that person.

I agree you're not screwing anybody else. That said, people like you should be kicked to the back of the line. Hopefully they'll implement that in the near future.

Not sure why you feel offended by this. If you want to play games and refuse delivery of a car you knowingly ordered without Ryzen then other customers who are more serious about taking deliveries should be prioritized over you.

I’m not offended. You seemed to have been upset about it. I just hoped you feel better. You can blame Tesla. If they released updates like other manufacturers with model years, everyone knew what they were getting. Hate the game not players. There is a reason the year model has worked for decades.

Reactions: orion2001
Not sure why you feel offended by this. If you want to play games and refuse delivery of a car you knowingly ordered without Ryzen then other customers who are more serious about taking deliveries should be prioritized over you.

I agree with this. If you have a legitimate reason to hold, by all means do it. But holding for specific inclusions that may or may not happen likely adds to the already unreliable EDDs. Im sure the alogoritm has to adjust dates with holds going in and out.

It's not the end of the world or anything, it would just be nice for people to take their orders, move along, and enjoy the car.

I agree with this. If you have a legitimate reason to hold, by all means do it. But holding for specific inclusions that may or may not happen likely adds to the already unreliable EDDs. Im sure the alogoritm has to adjust dates with holds going in and out.

It's not the end of the world or anything, it would just be nice for people to take their orders, move along, and enjoy the car.
It also be nice to have reliable and consistent information from Tesla. It’s within the rules and is spelled out in the contract. Everyone seems to want to modify other peoples contacts and make up their own rules for people to have to follow. Seems really strange.

It also be nice to have reliable and consistent information from Tesla. It’s within the rules and is spelled out in the contract. Everyone seems to want to modify other peoples contacts and make up their own rules for people to have to follow. Seems really strange.

I believe this is called "abusing the rules". People do this all the time and then everyone gets screwed. Same thing happened at Costco with return policies. Yes it was "allowed" to return your TV every year for the latest model but it screws Costco over and the rest of the consumers ultimately paid for it.
Nice try to legitimize this behavior though.

Reactions: dinonugget
I believe this is called "abusing the rules". People do this all the time and then everyone gets screwed. Same thing happened at Costco with return policies. Yes it was "allowed" to return your TV every year for the latest model but it screws Costco over and the rest of the consumers ultimately paid for it.
Nice try to legitimize this behavior though.
Whatever. Did he take a car and return it? No. Did he delay someone from getting their car? No the opposite someone else got it sooner. Did he follow the contact which has timelines and rules around holds? Yes. So behavior is legitimate. But nice try attempting to create your own rules for people to follow. Maybe contact Tesla with your ideas.

While you are at it, ask Tesla to stop randomly making significant changes to their vehicles that have material value impact mid year. Because if the Model Y built on Jan 5 was the same as the Model Y built on Jan 15 people wouldn’t do this.

But all good. I just find it interesting people get so bothered by people using the contract to their benefit. Believe me, Tesla and other companies have ensured these contracts are written to protect them. Don’t worry about poor old Tesla or Costco. They’re fine. And if not, they should change their contract.

And if not, they should change their contract.

That's precisely how everyone is loosing. Costco already changed their policies on electronics returns, Tesla will ultimately follow due to the number of gamers out there.

And I think refusing delivery does have a bigger impact than you make it out to be - it messes with the EDD and queuing systems. Tesla may have routed this vehicle to a different delivery center had they known OP was not ready to pick up. Instead he/she waited until the vehicle was already en-route to see if it has the build features they want, after which they turned it down. We knew AMD was coming months ago when they started rolling it out in China. Why didn't OP put their order on hold then instead of refusing last minute?
Sure, it doesn't violate the contract, but it's still messed up...

Last edited:
That's precisely how everyone is loosing. Costco already changed their policies on electronics returns, Tesla will ultimately follow due to the number of gamers out there.

And I think refusing delivery does have a bigger impact than you make it out to be - it messes with the EDD and queuing systems. Tesla may have routed this vehicle to a different delivery center had they known OP was not ready to pick up. Instead he/she waited until the vehicle was already en-route to see if it has the build features they want, after which they turned it down.
Then they shouldn’t change the build on the fly to be honest. Don’t motivate people and they won’t do it. The difference between your Costco analogy and Tesla is Costco is a bystander. Tesla is actually creating the situation that drives people to delay. And they own the contract that says you can delay 90 days. And they let people delay longer than 90 days. So attacking / lecturing the person who is using the very tools Tesla gives them to accommodate Teslas own behaviors seems a bit off.

Besides. By “losing” you mean Tesla modifies the very rule you say Tesla should get rid of. So isn’t that “winning” in your book? I have no sympathy for Tesla. They write the rules. They create the conditions. The only byproduct is someone who wants the car sooner gets the opportunity to get it sooner.

Reactions: Karsa and JeffreyC
Then they shouldn’t change the build on the fly to be honest. Don’t motivate people and they won’t do it. The difference between your Costco analogy and Tesla is Costco is a bystander. Tesla is actually creating the situation that drives people to delay. And they own the contract that says you can delay 90 days. And they let people delay longer than 90 days. So attacking / lecturing the person who is using the very tools Tesla gives them to accommodate Teslas own behaviors seems a bit off.

Besides. By “losing” you mean Tesla modifies the very rule you say Tesla should get rid of. So isn’t that “winning” in your book? I have no sympathy for Tesla. They write the rules. They create the conditions. The only byproduct is someone who wants the car sooner gets the opportunity to get it sooner.

I am honestly not sure why you're so upset with Tesla. You get the car with the specs you ordered and if you get lucky you'll have a few upgrades on top of that. There is no "game" here other than the one you made up. You order a car, they make it for you and you pick it up when it's ready. It's a lot simpler than you make it out to be. Most people seem perfectly content with this arrangement. The option to delay was not put in the contract for holdouts of unpromised upgrades. It was to accommodate folks who have legitimate issues. Much like the return policies were not there for people to get a free upgrade...

I am not attacking nor lecturing anyone. I expressed my opinion that Tesla should take measures to curb these abuses of their system by pushing people to the back of the line. I am sorry that this upsets you for whatever reason and I hope you "win the game" and get that processor upgrade you so desperately seek.

I am honestly not sure why you're so upset with Tesla. You get the car with the specs you ordered and if you get lucky you'll have a few upgrades on top of that. There is no "game" here other than the one you made up. You order a car, they make it for you and you pick it up when it's ready. It's a lot simpler than you make it out to be. Most people seem perfectly content with this arrangement. The option to delay was not put in the contract for holdouts of unpromised upgrades. It was to accommodate folks who have legitimate issues. Much like the return policies were not there for people to get a free upgrade...

I am not attacking nor lecturing anyone. I expressed my opinion that Tesla should take measures to curb these abuses of their system by pushing people to the back of the line. I am sorry that this upsets you for whatever reason and I hope you "win the game" and get that processor upgrade you so desperately seek.
I believe if you go back and read you said it was a game, you randomly said someone should be kicked to the back of the line. You seemed pretty authoritative in your statements.

If I pay $60k for a car and the company improves the specs on that car BEFORE I receive it and then gives me a contractual option to delay for a couple weeks and get the UPDATED car for the same cost? Why wouldn’t I do it? Seems like a reasonable decision for a reasonable person to make. Someone else may not care about the upgrades. Or May need the car now and can’t wait a couple weeks. But for a person who can wait? Why wouldn’t you? Get more value for your money. I truly don’t understand why someone else cares about that persons decision. It’s a very reasonable and logical decision if you have the option.

Yeah, the game of refusing delivery when you just don't feel like it.

For the same reason you wouldn't return a TV to Costco to get the latest model even if it was released just a few weeks after you purchased yours. There's no arguing one would benefit from doing it, just that it's abusive and a shitty thing to do. And it is *my opinion* that folks who chose to do that should be moved to the back of the line instead of refusing deliveries until they get what they want while causing chaos in the system.
You also conveniently forgot to mention how you're already getting the car way below the current MSRP given the recent price increases. Tesla doesn't increase your price though. I guess your definition of "fair play" is only applicable when you profit.

Seems like we're kinda going in circles now, so go ahead and repeat your point about how you profit from being a shitty customer and let's move on...
I profit from being a shitty customer.

:D:D

By the way, don’t assume so much and attack people. It’s all good. I hope you get your car. I get mine, with the Intel chip, in a week. Happy driving.

Last edited:
Yeah, the game of refusing delivery when you just don't feel like it.

For the same reason you wouldn't return a TV to Costco to get the latest model even if it was released just a few weeks after you purchased yours. There's no arguing one would benefit from doing it, just that it's abusive and a shitty thing to do. And it is *my opinion* that folks who chose to do that should be moved to the back of the line instead of refusing deliveries until they get what they want while causing chaos in the system.
You also conveniently forgot to mention how you're already getting the car way below the current MSRP given the recent price increases. Tesla doesn't increase your price though. I guess your definition of "fair play" is only applicable when you profit.

Seems like we're kinda going in circles now, so go ahead and repeat your point about how you profit from being a shitty customer and let's move on...
Dude, this Costco example you gave is not even close to being relevant... The OP didn't "return" the car, as the car has not even been handed over yet. The OP merely requested information from the SA about the product, and then decide to not take it, in which the SA, representing Tesla, was all fine about it and put the OP's order on hold.

If you checked the order agreement, there is no clear mentioning of how could an order be put on hold, and there is no such thing as "legitimate issues" like you claimed. Also, "legitimacy" is subjective. In the scenario here, there are the OP and some other people that think it's a legitimate reason to put the order on hold, and Tesla agrees with it and put it on hold. IMO, in this case, respect this being a "legitimate" reason and stop being so mean, lol.

Dude, this Costco example you gave is not even close to being relevant... The OP didn't "return" the car, as the car has not even been handed over yet. The OP merely requested information from the SA about the product, and then decide to not take it, in which the SA, representing Tesla, was all fine about it and put the OP's order on hold.

If you checked the order agreement, there is no clear mentioning of how could an order be put on hold, and there is no such thing as "legitimate issues" like you claimed. Also, "legitimacy" is subjective. In the scenario here, there are the OP and some other people that think it's a legitimate reason to put the order on hold, and Tesla agrees with it and put it on hold. IMO, in this case, respect this being a "legitimate" reason and stop being so mean, lol.
It's not that different from the Costco example though. The car was transported to the OP's service center for delivery to him/her, only then they refused it.
As far as the agreement defining what's "legitimate" - that's exactly why I used the word "abuse". Much like the Costco return policy does not define a "legitimate" return reason. No one is debating the legality of OP's actions, just the moral aspect of doing so.

Fellows,
The root cause of this discussion is Tesla's strategy to upgrade/degrade their cars mid-year. A large number of prospective owners that paid the latest MSRP expect the latest and greatest hardware configuration, while a few prospective owners who paid lower MSRP desire not to miss on the upgrades. Those few should be given two opportunities to reject delivery within x numbers of months/weeks/days, followed by contract cancellation, or face a price increase to match the current MSRP. This way Tesla benefits by reassigning the car to the next candidate tied to the same DC, without incurring additional expenses. The next candidate is happy to receive his new car earlier without giving a damn wheater or not the car has AMD vs. Intel.
It is just an idea, feel free to add to it. Try to understand fellow members and see this issue from every perspective.