Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sorry, I actually like the new UI :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On balance, Teslas are brilliantly designed. Yes, some less than perfect updates have been frustrating, but seems like it's close to back where it should be.
Where it was, not where it should be. They spent probably a year worth of efforts to get close to where they started. Instead of improving V10. While V10 was better than V11 it was far, far away from what they could have done with the UI. Equally frustrating to the V11 debacle is the fact that they have this brilliant platform that could be used to really showcase the best possible vehicle UI and they came up with V11.
2022.12.3.1 is bearable and very, very far from what could have been. In reality, instead of moving things around and playing with icons and menus they could have given us, for example, a real track mode. Also, God knows what kind of new and regression bugs they have introduced along the way…
Yeah, I am jaded by this whole experience. Definitely in a better spot since 2022.12.3.1 but it will take a while for them to earn back my trust, if ever.

Just gonna leave that right there... pretty sure that is a much more serious software issue than tapping a screen a couple times to look at your tire pressure... come on

• Disagree
Reactions: finman100

Just gonna leave that right there... pretty sure that is a much more serious software issue than tapping a screen a couple times to look at your tire pressure... come on
apropos of nothing....

First, You're comparing a software bug that the company is fixing to intentional software design.
Second, saying 'but...but...Ford does it worse!' is no defense. Your argument is tantamount to saying that the goal shouldn't be to win, just not to come in last place.

Two things can be bad at once.

apropos of nothing....

First, You're comparing a software bug that the company is fixing to intentional software design.
Second, saying 'but...but...Ford does it worse!' is no defense. Your argument is tantamount to saying that the goal shouldn't be to win, just not to come in last place.
True, but I think the point was to put things in perspective .. V11 may indeed by a pretty bad UI design but you would think from some of the vitriolic posts it was up there with Putin's invasion.

True, but I think the point was to put things in perspective .. V11 may indeed by a pretty bad UI design but you would think from some of the vitriolic posts it was up there with Putin's invasion.
BINGO! Hence why the other comments are comical... it was IMPENDING GLOOM AND DOOM because of tapping the screen twice... Yet NOW we try to take it literally... freakin hysterical

Or the yoke - which is another robe tearing event for some.

I may be a bit underserving of an opinion since I started my Tesla with the new refresh S. Have had it since June last year and now have 36k miles. Started out with the S version of V10 and then went to V11. Not much changed in it. I have zero issues with the V11. I also love the yoke and MST3000.

Reactions: Tezlowski
I don't even know what it is and it pisses me off........

Do not try to find out. It is like calling "beetlejuice" three times. You will get stats on how 115% of owners hate the yoke and of the -15% who do like it, only like it because they do not want admit they bought a dumb car. And like @jabloomf1230 stated, many do not own it and become inflamed that Elon will not change production to accommodate their preferences.

Sorry to derail the thread.

• Funny
Reactions: Big Earl
Do not try to find out. It is like calling "beetlejuice" three times. You will get stats on how 115% of owners hate the yoke and of the -15% who do like it, only like it because they do not want admit they bought a dumb car. And like @jabloomf1230 stated, many do not own it and become inflamed that Elon will not change production to accommodate their preferences.

Sorry to derail the thread.
This thread is the definition of derailed........

Where it was, not where it should be. They spent probably a year worth of efforts to get close to where they started. Instead of improving V10. While V10 was better than V11 it was far, far away from what they could have done with the UI. Equally frustrating to the V11 debacle is the fact that they have this brilliant platform that could be used to really showcase the best possible vehicle UI and they came up with V11.
2022.12.3.1 is bearable and very, very far from what could have been. In reality, instead of moving things around and playing with icons and menus they could have given us, for example, a real track mode. Also, God knows what kind of new and regression bugs they have introduced along the way…
Yeah, I am jaded by this whole experience. Definitely in a better spot since 2022.12.3.1 but it will take a while for them to earn back my trust, if ever.
agree 100%. Just found a new bug: climate stays on when I park now, no matter what I do. I set it to keep on one time, then immediately made sure it was off, but no, now it is always on for ever.

Before turning it on, it was fine, shut off as usual.

So every time I park now, we need to manually power down the climate. Fun times.

I want this back!
Screenshot_20220529-183135~2.png

• Love
Reactions: sleepydoc