Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Source button gone! - 7.1 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TuneIn creds lost on both mine and my wife's car driving some of the frustration. The FM sucks so bad that the only way to get NPR is via TuneIn. NPR apparently is near up there with coffee as I've been a bet testy since the update. Email into to Tesla to get the creds. I had to do with with Slacker on a previous S (after an update).

Would be helpful if the volume level was part of the profile, along with the source selection - plus the source selection should be re-used when re-entering the car (so you don't have to re-select your Bluetooth device each time). Plus, there should be separate volume levels for each source. At least for my android device, there's a tendency to require a higher volume level - because Android is also controlling the volume - and unless it's set at a high level, more volume is needed in the car's audio system to compensate.

It's surprising anything changed with the media software. There are quite a few features that have been missing since the Model S went into production over 3 years ago (playlists!), and we haven't seen much improvement...

I was also using this button quite often before so I too am disappointed it's gone. Hopefully it was an oversight.
Another thing I noticed is that I can't find the Slacker radio listings anymore, I now have a search option only. Not sure if I'm looking in the wrong place so something else is going on... I recently took delivery so my favorites list is very short, I wanted to explore some new stations!

Something worth mentioning here :

Since I got 7.0, every single time I used the source button to switch from Slacker to my BT phone source, I would get a "connecting..." message that would stay there for a good 2-3 minutes before it finally worked. If, instead, I used the Favorite icon, went back in the "My devices" section and selected my phone, I would get instant BT audio.

Maybe the source button was bugged?

Just thinking out loud here.

Well the reason I figured out the button was missing is because if I leave my car while listening to XM and come back the next day, nothing is playing anymore.

The "Now Playing" tab is greyed out and I have to pick a station on XM to get it playing again.

At least Tesla is consistent. Every new release brings us fewer and fewer features to us pre-AP owners. Go Tesla!

Ok my first complaint here in nearly 3 years (aside from the uneven wearing tires) - Please bring this button back.

my kids make us listen to Taylor Swift in the AM and then in the afternoon I can't switch it back as fast.

Can't comprehend why Tesla would remove this harmless but very useful little button???

I miss this a lot too. I listen to podcasts on a USB stick. In the old days (about 3 or 4 updates ago) I could pause the podcast then the next day I could resume listening. But an update screwed that up and no matter what I do, if I leave it on USB the car will listen to my pod casts by itself, sometimes going through number of them -- then I have no idea which one I was at. So I have been hitting the source button when I leave the vehicle and then when I get back in I go to USB and it will be the postcast but I have to remember the time where it was at. Now I have been using the recent button but it's defective since when I go to the most recent podcast, the time bar, fast forward, etc. buttons are all gone. I have to go to a different then back to make them reappear. I can't believe also that Tesla can't let us listen where we left off on USB when going to other sources. A $29 device I bought to listen to USB podcasts in my Tahoe can do that.

So not only are the problems not being fixed. They are getting worse. I really wish I had the option to use different firmware. I'd use the first one the car came with. It was by far the best (except that I do like the garage door opening and closing itself).

I agree that button should come back, but it's not quite the end of the world.

Since when are only end of the world issues worth discussing? If that was the case, there would only the be the global warming thread. Well, technically the world will be fine with global warming, it's the species on it that will suffer.

Last edited: