Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

South Carolina Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum and Tesla in general and would love to connect with anyone in SC waiting for their model Y.

LR, AWD, Pearl White, 20" Induction Wheels, Black Interior, Hitch, 5 Seat

Ordered: 7/1
Current Delivery Est: 9/3 - 9/23

Anyone else in SC mind sharing your build details and dates? Thanks!

Are you picking up in Charlotte? I’m also from SC but don’t have a model y on order unfortunately haha.
I was in Atlanta over the weekend and swung by the Tesla center there for curiousity sake. They had a bunch of used Teslas I guess that were traded in end of Q2, a couple demo cars, and a new Model Y with some pretty glaring panel issues that I guess got rejected by the customer.
It was pretty busy lots of people coming in and out to check the cars out.

I will be picking it up in Charlotte at the Matthews location - hopefully soon. I may go up to their dealership sometime before September to test drive one because I haven't actually ever driven a Tesla haha.

Which Atlanta location were you at? I have been to the one at Lenox mall and that one is pretty sweet.

I have been to the Savannah store twice and test drove MY each time. Very clean store, friendly staff, and fairly easy to find. Ended up ordering the following:

LR, AWD, Pearl White, 19" Gemini Wheels, Black Interior, 5 Seat

Ordered: 6/25
Current Delivery Est: 8/19 - 9/8

Will take delivery at Savannah.

Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum and Tesla in general and would love to connect with anyone in SC waiting for their model Y.

LR, AWD, Pearl White, 20" Induction Wheels, Black Interior, Hitch, 5 Seat

Ordered: 7/1
Current Delivery Est: 9/3 - 9/23

Anyone else in SC mind sharing your build details and dates? Thanks!

Midlands area here.

Ordered over a week ago. Will pick up in Charlotte (Matthews location).
Perf, ordered red, may change to blue.
Delivey est: 8/03 - 9/02

Trading in a 2019 BMW M5. I get to go back to electric (owned a model s for 7 years) and get a check back.

Last edited:
Midlands in SC.. Will pickup in Matthews - Ordered 7/12
Grey/Black/LR
Delivery date currently mid September to mid october
Midlands area here.

Ordered over a week ago. Will pick up in Charlotte (Matthews location).
Perf, ordered red, may change to blue.
Delivey est: 8/03 - 9/02

Trading in a 2019 BMW M5. I get to go back to electric (owned a model s for 7 years) and get a check back.
How has your experience with the Matthews location been? I have yet to get a hold of my SA despite ordering on the first of the month. I called today and they said he was out on vacation. Hopefully, I can get more information on my EDD when he is back in office.

How has your experience with the Matthews location been? I have yet to get a hold of my SA despite ordering on the first of the month. I called today and they said he was out on vacation. Hopefully, I can get more information on my EDD when he is back in office.
I've been there a couple times and everyone has been very responsive and nice.

My SA has texted me a few times just to check if I needed anything so that's been good.

When I had my model s the couple of times I required service Tesla sent their ranger service out to work on whatever needed attention, it was great. To be honest, I think it's more of a blessing not to be close to a service center some times....lol

Reactions: snowchains
Hey everyone - I'm in Greenville. Currently waiting on my MY - details in my signature. Ordered 5/8 so a little over 10 weeks ago...the wait is killing me. Have already missed one road trip, and going to miss another one if it doesn't come soon. I hate having to pay for gas knowing I will have the MY soon! Our M3 we have had since April of last year but a road trip in that with my wife and 3 kids is not very fun...so we have to take the Sequoia anytime we go further than an hour or so from home and get 16 MPG :rolleyes:

I'll be picking up in Charlotte. I posted this in the Current Delivery Times thread so I thought I would repost here:

I actually went to Atlanta-Roswell to test drive a Y since that was the only 7 seater anywhere near me I could take my whole family to go sit in it to make sure we all fit. I ended up ordering with an SA in Roswell. He was ok and would usually respond in a day or two if I had a question about something.

Last month we were in Charlotte for something else so I stopped by to check on my order and everything and ended up talking to some very helpful SAs (they were definitely not busy that day LOL) so I ended up switching to one of them since that is where I will be taking delivery. Currently I am assigned to Younes in Charlotte. That said, I have not reached out in the last month or so since nothing has changed and I haven't had any questions or anything. But as soon as I get my VIN and the whirlwind starts, I'll be reaching out a bunch I'm sure.

I took delivery of my M3 in Charlotte last year and they were incredibly nice and helpful, but it was an inventory car that just happened to match my spec so I bought that instead of ordering a custom car.

Hopefully my delivery experience with the MY is as good as it was with the M3 because that was a great experience, even in the peak of COVID when everyone was freaking out not knowing what this virus was all about.

I've been there a couple times and everyone has been very responsive and nice.

My SA has texted me a few times just to check if I needed anything so that's been good.

When I had my model s the couple of times I required service Tesla sent their ranger service out to work on whatever needed attention, it was great. To be honest, I think it's more of a blessing not to be close to a service center some times....lol
Hey everyone - I'm in Greenville. Currently waiting on my MY - details in my signature. Ordered 5/8 so a little over 10 weeks ago...the wait is killing me. Have already missed one road trip, and going to miss another one if it doesn't come soon. I hate having to pay for gas knowing I will have the MY soon! Our M3 we have had since April of last year but a road trip in that with my wife and 3 kids is not very fun...so we have to take the Sequoia anytime we go further than an hour or so from home and get 16 MPG :rolleyes:

I'll be picking up in Charlotte. I posted this in the Current Delivery Times thread so I thought I would repost here:

I actually went to Atlanta-Roswell to test drive a Y since that was the only 7 seater anywhere near me I could take my whole family to go sit in it to make sure we all fit. I ended up ordering with an SA in Roswell. He was ok and would usually respond in a day or two if I had a question about something.

Last month we were in Charlotte for something else so I stopped by to check on my order and everything and ended up talking to some very helpful SAs (they were definitely not busy that day LOL) so I ended up switching to one of them since that is where I will be taking delivery. Currently I am assigned to Younes in Charlotte. That said, I have not reached out in the last month or so since nothing has changed and I haven't had any questions or anything. But as soon as I get my VIN and the whirlwind starts, I'll be reaching out a bunch I'm sure.

I took delivery of my M3 in Charlotte last year and they were incredibly nice and helpful, but it was an inventory car that just happened to match my spec so I bought that instead of ordering a custom car.

Hopefully my delivery experience with the MY is as good as it was with the M3 because that was a great experience, even in the peak of COVID when everyone was freaking out not knowing what this virus was all about.
It's great to hear that both of your experiences have been good at Matthews. I am hopeful that once I speak with my SA they can possibly give me more insight on my EDD.

Service was a worry for me but I am pleasantly surprised that a ranger service will come out my way.