Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

South Carolina Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New delivery window from 12/14-12/31 moved to 11/23-29 with tentative delivery at Savannah Tesla 11/29, 2:00 pm
VIN 7SAYGDEE4NF312***
Original arrival at SC was to be 11/25 with pickup on 11/29. Holiday weekend must be causing delays. Now my MY arrives at SC on Monday - 11/29 - with pickup on Thursday. They said they need a couple of days for prep. 😞

Reactions: felizf
Hi all,

I'm based in Charleston, SC (saw that @VaTech is also based in Charleston - I also went to Tech! Let's gooooo~~~), taking delivery in Savannah.

Here's my order information:

MYP, 5-seater, Red/White, Tow, No FSD

OD: 11/4/21 (literally hours after a $1,000 price increase 🥲 )
EDD1: January 2022
EDD2: December 11 - 31 (changed 11/8/21)
EDD3: December 9 - 23 (changed 11/22/21)
EDD4: January 10 - February 7 (changed 12/11/21)

I had also called the Savannah SC to see if they could find anything promising on their end back on 12/8/21, they couldn't do much but "unlocked" my account to change from Cash to Financing (I plan to use 3rd party financing). A few days later, my EDD got pushed back to Jan 10 - Feb 7 where it stands today. Hopefully not related and just a coincidence??

I'm somewhat relieved since now I should be able to take advantage of BBB if it passes, but I was of the mind to take delivery ASAP anyway since I don't have much faith in it passing/staying the way it is, regardless.

I'm guessing we need to take the car into the local country tax office in order to register/pay sales tax?

Thanks!