Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

South Carolina Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New delivery window from 12/14-12/31 moved to 11/23-29 with tentative delivery at Savannah Tesla 11/29, 2:00 pm
VIN 7SAYGDEE4NF312***
Original arrival at SC was to be 11/25 with pickup on 11/29. Holiday weekend must be causing delays. Now my MY arrives at SC on Monday - 11/29 - with pickup on Thursday. They said they need a couple of days for prep. 😞

Reactions: felizf
Hi all,

I'm based in Charleston, SC (saw that @VaTech is also based in Charleston - I also went to Tech! Let's gooooo~~~), taking delivery in Savannah.

Here's my order information:

MYP, 5-seater, Red/White, Tow, No FSD

OD: 11/4/21 (literally hours after a $1,000 price increase 🥲 )
EDD1: January 2022
EDD2: December 11 - 31 (changed 11/8/21)
EDD3: December 9 - 23 (changed 11/22/21)
EDD4: January 10 - February 7 (changed 12/11/21)

I had also called the Savannah SC to see if they could find anything promising on their end back on 12/8/21, they couldn't do much but "unlocked" my account to change from Cash to Financing (I plan to use 3rd party financing). A few days later, my EDD got pushed back to Jan 10 - Feb 7 where it stands today. Hopefully not related and just a coincidence??

I'm somewhat relieved since now I should be able to take advantage of BBB if it passes, but I was of the mind to take delivery ASAP anyway since I don't have much faith in it passing/staying the way it is, regardless.

I'm guessing we need to take the car into the local country tax office in order to register/pay sales tax?

Thanks!