Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

South East U.S. Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update e-mail just received, VIN 58xx in paint with delivery to WP FL now mid-late June instead of just late June.
Best news heard in quite awhile!
Hope they put mine on the same transport with you going to WP. I still don't have any news that they started production yet. Did they contact you before notifying you that it had started production, or just that it is in paint?

Finally, two people being processed the same based on timing, VIN, etc. There is hope! I would appreciate hearing your progress to delivery as it looks like you should see yours first due to geography, probably first week of June? Are you taking delivery at the factory?
I was originally taking delivery there but balked when faced with paying over 3% more for CA sales tax, then switched to FL.
Yes, factory delivery. DS estimated at the end of this month originally but backtracked and said early June due to the holiday this weekend.

Hope they put mine on the same transport with you going to WP. I still don't have any news that they started production yet. Did they contact you before notifying you that it had started production, or just that it is in paint?

I hope so, given the close VIN and geography. Always nice to have a traveling companion cross country!

I have received two auto generated e-mails, one stating, status update, "... your car is still in production." and "... you car is still in paint." It appears to me that when the car passes certain points in the manufacturing process, it triggers a notice, if the DS wishes to pass on the information proactively. The production email was on 4/21 and the paint one received 5/24, so my only inference is that the first one indicates the car has been officially scheduled for production and the second one once the body panels are stamped and the VIN is attached to a physical body and enters paint. Hopefully, others will be issued when it leaves the final production line and another when it is shipped. I also suspect the one month delay is from the 2 week production slowdown at the end of April Elon talked about during the recent investor's call.

Vin 55XX 90D Pearl White, 22" black onyx wheels, 7 seat, white leather, PUP, tow package.
Build complete in the week of 5/30. Currently in transit to Decathur GA SC, estimated arrival is 6/23 with no delivery scheduled as of yet.
Option for home delivery offered as we live in Santa Rosa Bch, FL (250mi+ away)

Last email I got from my DS was on June 7. Said the Model X is in final assembly and then will be queued for its final inspections and track testing. Hopefully it will be ready to go this week.

Let's hope the news is good this week and the delivery winds are favorable... but for the CA sales tax issue, I'd be taking delivery this week along with a fellow 58xx'er. Last info was on a truck heading for the local SC in FL.