Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Speculation] Production 18" Wheels without Aero Cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, I was confused, you are not actually looking at the wheels, I see. If you look carefully at the two photos you will see that the arms coming from the center of the wheel are flat on the non-aero, and twisted on the aero. So they cannot be the same. That seemed so obvious to me I couldn't understand what the mystery was for others. But yeah, I understand, they are both grey....

-Randy

Sorry, I was confused, you are not actually looking at the wheels, I see. If you look carefully at the two photos you will see that the arms coming from the center of the wheel are flat on the non-aero, and twisted on the aero. So they cannot be the same. That seemed so obvious to me I couldn't understand what the mystery was for others. But yeah, I understand, they are both grey....

-Randy

The arms are totally covered by the aero cap. You can't see them at all. What you think are arms are just part of the cap.

• Informative
Reactions: kenbefound

-Randy
Given that Tesla wants to make their production process as simple as possible. It's much more likely that the aeros are a cover than Tesla having 2 different sets of 18" wheels.

Reactions: kenbefound
Video or it didn't happen :p
Is this good enough?

giphy.webp

Given that Tesla wants to make their production process as simple as possible. It's much more likely that the aeros are a cover than Tesla having 2 different sets of 18" wheels.

That's the main reason I still have hope that I can get away with the 18" wheels. I quite like the supposed "standard" rims under the aero. They actually look a lot like the aftermarket rims I was going to get if under the aero covers was just a plain steel wheel (not likely based on the pictures IMO) or some ugly rim.

-Randy

I honestly don't know what you're talking about in either of your posts.