Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speed Assist and Lane Departure Warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is his is the new stalk but there's a even newer one that has a rotating end on the cruise stalk to set follow distance

My car built September 16th-19th does not have the sensors. It does have the change in the order of the stalks (turn signal at the top and cruise at the bottom). But it does not have the printing for the ACC and that part of the stalk does not turn. So far I believe we know the cars with the new features have new sensors, new windshields, and even a different cruise stalk than cars just slightly before them have. I think it's safe to assume that the cars without the sensors probably don't have the haptic feedback steering wheel bits either.

View attachment 60118

Didn't they officially state that these additions are required in Europe and they then decided to add them to all cars?

They're not required in Europe by law, but in order to get five stars in Euro NCAP you need a good score in each Adult Occupant Protection, Child Occupant Protection, Pedestrian Protection and Safety Assist, so I assume this is to improve the score in the Safety Assist part.

This thread made me so excited a few days ago as our pickup at the factory was scheduled for 9/28. My wife and I just got back from the fremont factory and I am so happy to report that every single vehicle being delivered had the hardware visible. Specifically we looked for the sensor window in the middle of the bottom vents, a "triangle" with ramp up to a camera at the very top center of the windshield, and re-arranged stalks. I asked the staff on duty if all vehicles were coming out with ACC and they were clueless – the response was something like "oh yes the latest firmware will be installed." Of which I have my doubts, I think the cars are still leaving with some variant of 5.14.x.

Unfortunately for us, our car ran into some hiccup and was NOT ready for pickup. But we still got to fill out our paperwork and join the tour! I am holding out hope that I can stop by this evening if everything goes well on Tesla's end finishing up the car, otherwise they will deliver it tomorrow (great customer service considering the situation). Even though I personally saw every vehicle with the new hardware, I am still holding my breath that my car will have the hardware installed. And there's no one to ask about it right now, haha.

Thank you ALL for getting this info out there - what a surprise. Essentially for new hardware since I confirmed my order: hi-res dashboard screen (not 17"), ionizer, driver's lane assist, speed assist, and possibly adaptive cruise control. Don't know what to say, what a company.

I live in the netherlands
can anyone tell me when my tesla model s is produced
vin531** on the 6 th of octobre, Will it have the newhardware
??

In otter words care produced for europe Will they have THE new additions??

thanx for your response

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry. Cars and other

thick fingers and small iPhone ;-)

I live in the netherlands
can anyone tell me when my tesla model s is produced
vin531** on the 6 th of octobre, Will it have the newhardware
??

In otter words care produced for europe Will they have THE new additions??

thanx for your response

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry. Cars and other

thick fingers and small iPhone ;-)

I would keep expectations low because it was not a feature promised when you ordered it. That said, I think you have a decent chance given the fact that posts here claim (A) the hardware was, at least in part, motivated by European standards and (B) started appearing on vehicles produced on the week of Sept 13.

I would keep expectations low because it was not a feature promised when you ordered it. That said, I think you have a decent chance given the fact that posts here claim (A) the hardware was, at least in part, motivated by European standards and (B) started appearing on vehicles produced on the week of Sept 13.

I don't think the European standard is going to make a lot of difference. I suspect they're trying to setup for the 2015 model year. Tesla may not work on model years but other manufacturers and safety rating does. What matters is what's on vehicles with the 2015 date code in the VIN.

My vehicle was in production from the 16th - 19th and does not have these features. So either it's a late in the week addition or certain configurations got it earlier than others. I suspect the later, since the first reporter of these features says his vehicle started production on the 15th.

So I agree, keep those expectations low.

Just FYI - the specific date it started was 9/18. So far MS started before that date do not seem to have the HW and MS after that date DO. I will let you all know as I pick up mine tonight from the factory (9/29) and it was produced starting on 9/24 and completed yesterday on 9/28.