Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify w/ V10 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want NAPSTER!

But, seriously, the whole regression with no longer being able to request and play a song with voice control, and having to mess with the screen while driving, IMHO far outweighs any possible advantage to potentially having more choices. Maybe there's an easter egg voice command, like I discovered "Cancel Navigation".

Anybody figure out a safe way to search -> play music without crashing?
Or is that the whole idea, to force you to accept pre-packaged lists?
I wish people in Europe can address if this is the same thing they experience or not. I hope not - that means this has been a problem for a long time and won't be fixed for quite some time.

The ride is smooth enough; let's bust out the vinyl. :D

... and wax cylinders. There's room in the back for the His Master's Voice type horn!

EdisonPhonographM.jpg

but where's the subWOOFer ?

Last edited:
Still struggling with Spotify in my M3. I have an extensive playlist and albums saved on my computer, but they do not sync over to the car. I can save playlists when in the car, but they don't sync from the car to my computer or smartphone. Sometimes I will save an album in the car and the next day it is gone. What am I missing here? I signed up because Tesla finally offered Spotify, but the syncing is a disaster. Spotify support told me to call Tesla. Tesla hasn't responded to my question about this. Does it work for everyone else?

I was put off by this at first too, but then I read the page closely. Use the password reset tool, give it your Facebook login email address. You'll get an email with a password reset link. Use it, give yourself a password. You can then log in to Spotify using that email address and the passwords you've selected in addition to still being able to use FB login if you really want to. Go to the login screen in the Tesla MFD, use the email address and the password you will have just set up. Worked first time for me.

I read your response but I did it exactly as it described and exactly as you suggested. I only have one email address in life so there’s no confusion there. It’s the same password I use on Facebook as well. Nevertheless, when I use that email to request a password reset, I change the password (For the 4th time) and it just will not work when I use it in Spotify. It’s driving me nuts. It has to be something simple I’m overlooking but I haven’t figured it out yet!

I read your response but I did it exactly as it described and exactly as you suggested. I only have one email address in life so there’s no confusion there. It’s the same password I use on Facebook as well. Nevertheless, when I use that email to request a password reset, I change the password (For the 4th time) and it just will not work when I use it in Spotify. It’s driving me nuts. It has to be something simple I’m overlooking but I haven’t figured it out yet!
This is pure speculation, but it might be that you're using the same password as for the Facebook SSO. Try setting a different password for the non-Facebook-SSO signin, just for grins?

I want NAPSTER!

But, seriously, the whole regression with no longer being able to request and play a song with voice control, and having to mess with the screen while driving, IMHO far outweighs any possible advantage to potentially having more choices. Maybe there's an easter egg voice command, like I discovered "Cancel Navigation".

Anybody figure out a safe way to search -> play music without crashing?
Or is that the whole idea, to force you to accept pre-packaged lists?

Very interested in a resolution to this. Voice command is what I use to play specific songs almost every time. If it doesn't work anymore, that is definitely a big step backward.

This is pure speculation, but it might be that you're using the same password as for the Facebook SSO. Try setting a different password for the non-Facebook-SSO signin, just for grins?

I actually contacted Spotify and through a chat interaction, we were able to resolve the issue. The problem was that there were two accounts associated with my email address. One account was a trial account from years ago and the other account is the one with all my playlists. They needed to merge both accounts into one and from there I was able to reset my password and at the same time associate my email address to the Spotify account. So happy that’s done. I have to say Spotify did a great job on support

Reactions: DopeGhoti