Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Not Plus Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone, I’m glad to be a part of this forum. So I just ordered my Model 3 Standard Range today. What are the chances that the car won’t have leather seats and an all glass roof? I’ve been seeing M3 Standard Range owners on YouTube with leather seats and other Standard Range + features. I was told by the sales associate that the car will come with textile (cloth) seats, but I am unsure if this is true. Is the actual M3 Standard Range production finally beginning or will Tesla continue to deliver M3 SR+ with limited software? Please let me know, I am very worried.

Hi Matthew, welcome and congratulations on your new Tesla. Your sales associate was misinformed. Tesla has abandoned plans to incorporate cloth seats into the SR. An SR is now an SR+ with a few features disabled via software. It has the same vegan leather seats as every other Model 3, as well as the same glass sunroof too. If you get an answer from a Tesla rep that doesn’t sound right just try asking a different rep. There are a lot of new reps at Tesla that have been having a hard time keeping up with all of the changes the company has been making over the past few months.

Reactions: Evoforce
Hi Matthew, welcome and congratulations on your new Tesla. Your sales associate was misinformed. Tesla has abandoned plans to incorporate cloth seats into the SR. An SR is now an SR+ with a few features disabled via software. It has the same vegan leather seats as every other Model 3, as well as the same glass sunroof too. If you get an answer from a Tesla rep that doesn’t sound right just try asking a different rep. There are a lot of new reps at Tesla that have been having a hard time keeping up with all of the changes the company has been making over the past few months.
Thank you so much for the quick response. I’m definitely at ease now.

Very true and some of those stores will be shutdown. So like human pyschology, some of them don't care, if they feed you a line to get a sale. Like any other business, I've found them very helpful up to the click for deposit stage and after that, not so much.
Why?
Because they already got my money.
I've also discovered talking to sales reps is like speaking to a call center. You have to call numerous times before you get the correct answer, because ppl just want to get you off the phone.
Today one SA stated it would be $6k more to add auto pilot after purchase on the SR, but the first SA, I spoke with said it would cost over $9k to add AP after purchase.
I have short term memory problems, so all my calls are recorded, so it's for me to compare notes. This has helped me tremendously when dealing with salesmen lying to me. In Canada I can record the conversation and in a court of law, it can be used against them.
Tesla is one of the few corporations, that do not have the recorded conversation for quality assurance purposes disclaimer on their phone lines. That initially made me wonder but then after dealing with their customer service, they don't want it recorded.

I don’t believe a software update is going to be the method that Tesla uses to eventually lock down some of the SR+ features for those who have downgraded to SR. They can remotely disable anything they want without issuing new software. They just haven’t got around to doing it yet.

When you add AP or FSD to your car it takes effect as soon as the order is completed. There is no additional software required for it to be active. The same should be true for the reduced range, the removal of immersive sound, and the disabling of the fog lights.

It'll probably happen one day without warning, and speaking of downgrades, I was (stupidly) confused about where the parking lights ended and fog lights actually began. I can live without these.

Attachments

• Fogs.jpg
    Fogs.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 110
Hello everyone, I’m glad to be a part of this forum. So I just ordered my Model 3 Standard Range today. What are the chances that the car won’t have leather seats and an all glass roof? I’ve been seeing M3 Standard Range owners on YouTube with leather seats and other Standard Range + features. I was told by the sales associate that the car will come with textile (cloth) seats, but I am unsure if this is true. Is the actual M3 Standard Range production finally beginning or will Tesla continue to deliver M3 SR+ with limited software? Please let me know, I am very worried.

Hello fellow Pasadenian! That sales rep is plain wrong. The SR base cloth interior never entered production. My SR order was delivered as an SR+ with all partial premium interior features. I also got confirmation from other SR owners that updating software will not lock those features (for now—and depending on whether your car has HW3 or not). Before I took delivery, I was a little apprehensive about what I was actually getting. My 6-8 week delivery window ended up being only 10 days. That SR base interior is nothing but a myth now.

Last edited:
Reactions: xtcEV
Hello fellow Pasadenian! That sales rep is plain wrong. The SR base cloth interior never entered production. My SR order was delivered as an SR+ with all partial premium interior features. I also got confirmation from other SR owners that updating software will not lock those features (for now—and depending on whether your car has HW3 or not). Before I took delivery, I was a little apprehensive about what I was actually getting. My 6-8 week delivery window ended up being only 10 days. That SR base interior is nothing but a myth now.
Thank you for your thorough response. It's interesting how your delivery only took 3 days. What color did you choose? I chose midnight silver metallic so who knows how long delivery will take for me.

Thank you for your thorough response. It's interesting how your delivery only took 3 days. What color did you choose? I chose midnight silver metallic so who knows how long delivery will take for me.

I got Pearl White, so far so good! (except for some minor paint nicks that they're gonna take care of in a few weeks). Make sure you thoroughly inspect your ride when you get it—have a rep document anything wrong with the paint, panels, etc. They should be writing up a due bill for you on the spot. If for some reason, the car is delivered in a truly unacceptable state, have them correct everything before taking delivery.

I was pleasantly surprised when I got the delivery appointment notification. Everything seemed to fall into place with my order, but the only annoying thing was not receiving e-mails when progress was being made (e.g. financing terms ready to approve, VIN # assigned, etc.) I had check my account daily.

And I wasn't expecting to pick my car up until end of May-early June, but my guess is they're pushing hard to get these cars to us this quarter (despite their delivery centers being totally understaffed). You should be receiving a SR+ with 240 mi. battery, partial-immersive sound, fog lights, heated seats (included in the SR package after all). According to others in the community here, Tesla will soft-lock the range to 220 mi., immersive sound + fog lights at a later date.

For context, my car came with 2019.7.102 software. I just updated to 2019.7.105 software last night, with no features being removed. If your car has HW3, you also won't have Sentry Mode for now.

Last edited:
Tesla should and needs to just make partial premium interior standard on the standard range. Makes it more compelling and essentially they already have, but lift those software limits.

Also, If I can choose White interior on $35k making it $36K I'll get one right now

I certainly do not want only 4 measly speakers in a 4 door sedan and no heated seats. Deal breaker there. Need heated seats and more than 4 speakers.

Just an update in case it helps satisfy anyone's curiosity -
Day 6 of ownership of SR, nothing's been updated, still on Version 2019.7.102 82596c, nothing's been disabled. Checked manufacturing date, 4/19. Tested dashcam and sentry mode, both functional... Maybe just like me being one of the freaks in the SR+ no AP club before the price changes, I'm now also a freak in the 4/19 pre-HW 3.0 club too lol.

Day 6 of ownership of SR, nothing's been updated, still on Version 2019.7.102 82596c, nothing's been disabled. Checked manufacturing date, 4/19. Tested dashcam and sentry mode, both functional... Maybe just like me being one of the freaks in the SR+ no AP club before the price changes, I'm now also a freak in the 4/19 pre-HW 3.0 club too lol.

A new software update just started being pushed. No idea what is in it yet.

Eventually they will disable the SR+ features. It would be stupid not to.

What’s your VIN? You have HW3?

Got my Model 3 yesterday. SR with AP, MSM, sport wheels. VIN 300xxx. Software 2019.8.5, shows up as SR+ with all the SR+ features (fog lights, 240mi range).

Placed my order on 4/17, so delivery took only 8 days. I think what sped it up was that I asked the guy at the local store here to show me Teslas in stock, and started the order using a link that he sent me by email. I don't know, but maybe that got me matched with a car earlier. I also did not need financing, so no banks involved.

I did trade in a vehicle though, 2012 Elantra with 70k miles. Initially Tesla's website offered me $5100 for it, but when it showed up on my order the value was set at $5700. I think the increase came after I sent them the car's VIN and they looked at its accident and maintenance history.

The car looks ok overall, my only complaint is how things fit together at the doors. Many small misalignments, and some of the interior pieces were loose/detached from the body. They fixed it on the spot, but it's crazy that a car would reach the customer in this condition.

Mixed feelings about the glass roof. It was about 90 degrees yesterday, and I did feel like I was getting warmed up by the sun as it hit me through the glass. It will get a lot warmer here during the summer, so I'm worried that it will only get worse.

Other than that, very happy with how it drives though. AP turned on after 30 miles, and already helped me on stop-and-go traffic on my way home.

Finally, I think I am regretting getting the MSM paint for $1000. It doesn't look that great compared to black. Not sure it was worth the price.

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna and S'toon
Got my Model 3 yesterday. SR with AP, MSM, sport wheels. VIN 300xxx. Software 2019.8.5, shows up as SR+ with all the SR+ features (fog lights, 240mi range).

Placed my order on 4/17, so delivery took only 8 days. I think what sped it up was that I asked the guy at the local store here to show me Teslas in stock, and started the order using a link that he sent me by email. I don't know, but maybe that got me matched with a car earlier. I also did not need financing, so no banks involved.

I did trade in a vehicle though, 2012 Elantra with 70k miles. Initially Tesla's website offered me $5100 for it, but when it showed up on my order the value was set at $5700. I think the increase came after I sent them the car's VIN and they looked at its accident and maintenance history.

The car looks ok overall, my only complaint is how things fit together at the doors. Many small misalignments, and some of the interior pieces were loose/detached from the body. They fixed it on the spot, but it's crazy that a car would reach the customer in this condition.

Mixed feelings about the glass roof. It was about 90 degrees yesterday, and I did feel like I was getting warmed up by the sun as it hit me through the glass. It will get a lot warmer here during the summer, so I'm worried that it will only get worse.

Other than that, very happy with how it drives though. AP turned on after 30 miles, and already helped me on stop-and-go traffic on my way home.

Finally, I think I am regretting getting the MSM paint for $1000. It doesn't look that great compared to black. Not sure it was worth the price.

Placed my order yesterday morning on an SR blue with no other options. They already matched to a 363xxx vin and gave a delivery appointment of Tuesday 5 days away! Will have to reschedule that as I don't think my funds will even be done transferring between accounts by then.
Glad to see they fixed everything you found on the spot, I'll have my checklist, are they impatient when you are going over everything on the car?
Did you charging kit have both the regular outlet and the Nema plug?