Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Not Plus Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just an update in case it helps satisfy anyone's curiosity -
Day 6 of ownership of SR, nothing's been updated, still on Version 2019.7.102 82596c, nothing's been disabled. Checked manufacturing date, 4/19. Tested dashcam and sentry mode, both functional... Maybe just like me being one of the freaks in the SR+ no AP club before the price changes, I'm now also a freak in the 4/19 pre-HW 3.0 club too lol.

While it has not been confirmed, the rumor is that those who have 2019.7.X have this version because they have HW3 installed in their car. Otherwise you would have received 2019.8.5.

Mixed feelings about the glass roof. It was about 90 degrees yesterday, and I did feel like I was getting warmed up by the sun as it hit me through the glass. It will get a lot warmer here during the summer, so I'm worried that it will only get worse.

It will get much worse. Order the Tesla sunroof shade from their website. I couldn’t stand how much sun was hitting me in the face while I was driving. The shade made a huge difference. It’s a little pricey but it works great.

Model 3 Glass Roof Sunshade

They already matched to a 363xxx vin and gave a delivery appointment of Tuesday 5 days away!

Funny that my appointment was also set to 4/30 when I placed my order. I have a feeling that Tesla is trying to deliver as many cars as possible before 5/1. Maybe some price changes coming, could cause orders to get canceled?

Glad to see they fixed everything you found on the spot, I'll have my checklist, are they impatient when you are going over everything on the car?

You know, I have to say the lady was a little impatient. I told her that I wanted to walk around the car and go through my checklist, and she came back 5 minutes after asking if I was done, but I was not even halfway through. I think unconsciously it made me go through the list faster than I'd would have liked.

Did you charging kit have both the regular outlet and the Nema plug?

I have the Nema plug for sure as that's the one I'll use, haven't checked if I have the regular outlet one. I'll check later today and let you know. (See, if I had enough time to go through my checklist then I would have checked, but the lady rushed me out...)

t will get much worse. Order the Tesla sunroof shade from their website. I couldn’t stand how much sun was hitting me in the face while I was driving. The shade made a huge difference. It’s a little pricey but it works great.

Nice, thanks for the tip. I'll see if I can get used to it over the next few months. If not I'll either buy a shade or have the glass tinted (I think a lot of people do that here in Texas).
BTW, on the flip side, I did enjoy the glass roof quite a bit this morning. It was 6:45am and the sun was not out yet, and having the glass roof brought more light into the cabin - it was nice.

Funny that my appointment was also set to 4/30 when I placed my order. I have a feeling that Tesla is trying to deliver as many cars as possible before 5/1. Maybe some price changes coming, could cause orders to get canceled?

You know, I have to say the lady was a little impatient. I told her that I wanted to walk around the car and go through my checklist, and she came back 5 minutes after asking if I was done, but I was not even halfway through. I think unconsciously it made me go through the list faster than I'd would have liked.

I have the Nema plug for sure as that's the one I'll use, haven't checked if I have the regular outlet one. I'll check later today and let you know. (See, if I had enough time to go through my checklist then I would have checked, but the lady rushed me out...)

Thanks for confirming the plug! I have been trying to find someone that recently took delivery to confirm that, could not see them leaving it out but one video mentioned they would going to start not including it and my OA was kind of vague on the issue, I think they make so many changes they don't want to confirm or deny anything now lol.

I will keep my check in my pocket til they let me go through my whole checklist, maybe twice for good measure lol.

Thanks

Just an update in case it helps satisfy anyone's curiosity -
Day 6 of ownership of SR, nothing's been updated, still on Version 2019.7.102 82596c, nothing's been disabled. Checked manufacturing date, 4/19. Tested dashcam and sentry mode, both functional... Maybe just like me being one of the freaks in the SR+ no AP club before the price changes, I'm now also a freak in the 4/19 pre-HW 3.0 club too lol.

This is crazy because we have the same mfg. date 4/19 but I don't have Sentry Mode, and DO have HW3. Is there a way can find out the exact date these cars came off the line (MM/DD/YYYY)?

I was under the impression that anyone who has 2019.7.x on delivery has HW3.

This is crazy because we have the same mfg. date 4/19 but I don't have Sentry Mode, and DO have HW3. Is there a way can find out the exact date these cars came off the line (MM/DD/YYYY)?

I was under the impression that anyone who has 2019.7.x on delivery has HW3.

I'm just assuming it's Schrodinger's HW3 at this point. Every Model 3 sold in the last month simultaneously has and doesn't have HW3 until proven otherwise.

I've even seen a few posts about 3s starting on 2019.7 and being upgraded to 2019.8 shortly after delivery.

Placed my order yesterday morning on an SR blue with no other options. They already matched to a 363xxx vin and gave a delivery appointment of Tuesday 5 days away! Will have to reschedule that as I don't think my funds will even be done transferring between accounts by then.

It's so nice to be ordering in Tesla's home market. I ordered a SR+ Blue with no other physical options except for FSD. Being in Canada I'll count myself as very privileged to receive it within the 2-4 week ballpark Tesla estimations. I'm 2 weeks in by this weekend.

It's so nice to be ordering in Tesla's home market. I ordered a SR+ Blue with no other physical options except for FSD. Being in Canada I'll count myself as very privileged to receive it within the 2-4 week ballpark Tesla estimations. I'm 2 weeks in by this weekend.
Good luck with that.
When i first ordered it showed 2-4 weeks, yesterday it now shows 6-8 weeks.
Even though i stopped driving my trade vehicle if they re-evaluate it and i loose more money on it, then they can go screw themselves. In the meantime i am going to try selling my trade vehicle privately, so i can remove as much stress by getting its trade value lessened, which i am sure the wholeseller will do and Tesla will wash their hands of it.

Nice, thanks for the tip. I'll see if I can get used to it over the next few months. If not I'll either buy a shade or have the glass tinted (I think a lot of people do that here in Texas).
BTW, on the flip side, I did enjoy the glass roof quite a bit this morning. It was 6:45am and the sun was not out yet, and having the glass roof brought more light into the cabin - it was nice.

any aftermarket shades that are cheaper? I'm thinking a metal roof for the SR would have been better for both Tesla and us warm weather folks

5/1 price changes? no... not with Tesla ;) Thankfully you get to keep the order price, I look at as $2.5K option/insurance

Thanks for confirming the plug! I have been trying to find someone that recently took delivery to confirm that, could not see them leaving it out but one video mentioned they would going to start not including it and my OA was kind of vague on the issue, I think they make so many changes they don't want to confirm or deny anything now lol.

I will keep my check in my pocket til they let me go through my whole checklist, maybe twice for good measure lol.

Thanks

Just to make sure we're talking about the same plugs, here's a pic of what my charging kit has. Hope it helps!

Attachments

• 516082D9-FB84-44DF-A1A8-F6878D0C984F.jpeg
    516082D9-FB84-44DF-A1A8-F6878D0C984F.jpeg
    540.1 KB · Views: 102