Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Not Plus Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For SR owners who did not purchase AP at the time of delivery, and since they are basically delivering SR+ until a software update is available to downgrade, did it come with autpilot? If it did, was it a "trial?"

My SR did not come with AP, but it did receive a 14 day FSD trial. Even in its current state of features, it's not polished enough, with plenty of miscues and other things that make me nervous when testing it out.

I got my SR on Tuesday May 7. It is likely set up as SR+ because it has working fog lamps and immersive sound, not sure about capacity. Not sure if it is set to 220mi or 240mi capacity. I bought AP with mine and it works great, though I miss slightly the auto lane change. I wish there were fewer steps to changing a lane while in AP, at least an easier way to resume AP other than two clicks down. I look forward to writing an extensive post on how I bought mine for $34,999.99 on the dot, net federal tax incentive but without having to write off 1099 tax deductions.

I put down my deposit last night. Filled out most of the info last night and this morning. They called me today to pick up tomorrow. I asked to change it to SR on the phone and it wasn't an issue. All black base everything. Picking up in Rocklin, CA.

I did no options as well, though did spring for AutoPilot. I enjoyed using it in stop/go traffic as well as longer rides. Trick to trusting it is making sure you're on a familiar rode where the lane lines don't disappear nor are in a lane with merging lanes. Amazing how much tech the standard with no options comes with.

I got my SR on Tuesday May 7. It is likely set up as SR+ because it has working fog lamps and immersive sound, not sure about capacity. Not sure if it is set to 220mi or 240mi capacity. I bought AP with mine and it works great, though I miss slightly the auto lane change. I wish there were fewer steps to changing a lane while in AP, at least an easier way to resume AP other than two clicks down. I look forward to writing an extensive post on how I bought mine for $34,999.99 on the dot, net federal tax incentive but without having to write off 1099 tax deductions.
One other notable inclusion on my SR with only AP as an option is navigation with traffic updates. That's a pleasant surprise as that's most important to me when using navigation. I hope it sticks around once they downgrade me from what seems to be SR+ down to SR.

My SR (picked up April 17th) didn't have auto-pilot, and I never saw any notification about a FSD trial. I've installed both updates that have come through since then, but the car still says "Standard Range Plus" and gets ~240mi of range on a full charge.

I called the main office to inquire what is on the SR. I wanted to see if they had heated front seats on the base SR. She said yes and someone will contact me. (Not yet)

SR does seem like a good deal compared to the SR+. But I have not decide yet. The ap option and extra 20 miles is something to consider. Plus if any distance upgrade or other options may happen on sr + but not on the base sr

I called the main office to inquire what is on the SR. I wanted to see if they had heated front seats on the base SR. She said yes and someone will contact me. (Not yet)

SR does seem like a good deal compared to the SR+. But I have not decide yet. The ap option and extra 20 miles is something to consider. Plus if any distance upgrade or other options may happen on sr + but not on the base sr

Yes, I am in a similar situation. Can not decide. I know 20 miles is not a lot, but wonder if I will regret come winter time not having those extra miles.

If you don’t really need Autopilot then it makes buying an SR an easy decision. If you want Autopilot then the price difference is only $1,500. Personally if I had to buy another Model 3 I’d buy a black SR for $35K with no options. It’s an amazing value for that price, especially with the remaining tax credits.

Reactions: Federico
If you don’t really need Autopilot then it makes buying an SR an easy decision. If you want Autopilot then the price difference is only $1,500. Personally if I had to buy another Model 3 I’d buy a black SR for $35K with no options. It’s an amazing value for that price, especially with the remaining tax credits.

Yeah, but I am digging the white. So, it will be out the door for $36,500? That would sweet with $3500 fed tax rebate plus $2500 state rebate.

My figuring puts it at $30,500.00. Thats is the msrp of a Honda Accord... second tier

Reactions: sarcilla
Yeah, but I am digging the white. So, it will be out the door for $36,500? That would sweet with $3500 fed tax rebate plus $2500 state rebate.

My figuring puts it at $30,500.00. Thats is the msrp of a Honda Accord... second tier

The only advantage the Accord has the dealer warranty services network. Early Tesla Adopters have shown a resilience to compromise with Tesla's after sales and warranty service teething pains and volume sales growth. Average Joe just wanting cheap A to B travel not as tolerant to service delays or poor service performance. Can't just compare the buying price and cost of energy.

I was on the same boat but I do not see what's the advantage to get SR+ vs SR. The SR with autopilot is 38K vs 39.5K on SR+. You are paying 1.5K more to get 20 miles. is that worth?

I was on the same boat but I do not see what's the advantage to get SR+ vs SR. The SR with autopilot is 38K vs 39.5K on SR+. You are paying 1.5K more to get 20 miles. is that worth?
No it's not worth it because you don't get 240 miles most of the time. You're expected to charge to 90% which just so happens to be 220. Sure there will be those cases when you'll charge to 100% for a long ride. But is it enough to justify an extra $1500? Seems like a hard sell.

No it's not worth it because you don't get 240 miles most of the time. You're expected to charge to 90% which just so happens to be 220. Sure there will be those cases when you'll charge to 100% for a long ride. But is it enough to justify an extra $1500? Seems like a hard sell.

Can I assume if you go with the base sr you might be able to in the future upgrade to AP plus additional charge? I am assuming that Tesla will offers incentives to purchase some features

Can I assume if you go with the base sr you might be able to in the future upgrade to AP plus additional charge? I am assuming that Tesla will offers incentives to purchase some features

I checked my SR page in my tesla account, i can upgrade Autopilot for 3K before and after delivery. So, the 3K is the same if I take the delivery afterward. The FSD is 6K before then 7K after the delivery. This the same as SR+. So, you have to ask yourself if the 1.5K worth about ~20 miles. A lot of SR owner said Tesla hasn't limit the SR car yet. A lot of us (general consumer) doesn't know the SR exist. They are not selling until you ask them. Guessing Tesla may not spend money to write software to limit SR from SR+ range if they do not sell a lot compare to SR+. If you add up all that, it seems the SR is really a bargain.

So, the local sales told me last week that if you order the SR version, software update to turn the heated seats is activated, back and front. The chart a few pages says that heated are included. I called the local rep again and he told me again that they are NOT included and was a little put offthat I keep asking him the same question. So, who in the heck is right?

If you live in a cold weather climate, would you consider the extra 20 miles of range worth it. I am from PA, typically do not have a long commute. However, might be making trips to Nashville taking my son back and forth from college so can't decide if the extra miles would make that much of a difference in long trip like that.