Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It'll be so nice charging fast! I don't drive that much day to day, probably only about 10 miles and maybe 25 on the weekends, but coming from a Chevy Volt that in the winter only got about 30 miles of range before the gas engine kicked in, AND I was only charging it on a standard outlet at 12 amps, this is going to feel like a personal super charger ;)

Do you have any recommendations on the front plate? I'm tempted to run completely without one but would like to have a solution in the trunk or something with the plate, just in case I find myself heading over to Seattle or something where they might crack down a little more. I've seen a couple that are "non-contact" in the sense they hold the plate away from the front bumper a little and don't touch the paint... but I'm not sure which is easier to install, most stable, and if there is any issue with AP sensors, etc.

Nope, I got a couple weeks until I gotta worry about it. :)

Got my SR+ today. Originally the delivery date was on Aug 15th but I've got a call on Saturday from Tesla that the car is already in Toronto and I can get it starting Monday. We've scheduled for today. Delivery was at Lawrence Toronto location and everything was great. I am not really great at inspecting cars but everything looks fine so far.

48533095097_f6d14f04ac_c.jpg

48533109012_830fa9069c_c.jpg

Reactions: carrtmannnn
Got my SR+ today. Originally the delivery date was on Aug 15th but I've got a call on Saturday from Tesla that the car is already in Toronto and I can get it starting Monday. We've scheduled for today. Delivery was at Lawrence Toronto location and everything was great. I am not really great at inspecting cars but everything looks fine so far.
Looks awesome, When did you order? And how does the power feel? I'm still waiting on my white/white SR+ hoping it will still feel fast ( couldn't afford the AWD)

Holy cow the waiting is killing me. I literally feel like a kid waiting for Christmas or something. I've been told by my delivery guy that today is the day, I double checked with him last night and he confirmed again things are on track for today. I've been told I'll get a call from the shipper when they load my car and the shipper will then tell me the estimated delivery time.... the car is about 4.5 hours from me. It's almost 10am and still no call. Is it still going to come today? Who knows!? I hate hate hate this waiting game of "someone will call you with more information".

Side question, "how much faster" does the SR+ feel compared to the Volt LT?! I'm coming from the exact same car (which I loved, but lets be honest, must be night and day compared to the Model 3!).

Holy cow the waiting is killing me. I literally feel like a kid waiting for Christmas or something. I've been told by my delivery guy that today is the day, I double checked with him last night and he confirmed again things are on track for today. I've been told I'll get a call from the shipper when they load my car and the shipper will then tell me the estimated delivery time.... the car is about 4.5 hours from me. It's almost 10am and still no call. Is it still going to come today? Who knows!? I hate hate hate this waiting game of "someone will call you with more information".

Side question, "how much faster" does the SR+ feel compared to the Volt LT?! I'm coming from the exact same car (which I loved, but lets be honest, must be night and day compared to the Model 3!).

Considering the 2016+ Volt can go 0-30 in 2.2 seconds, I'd assume SR+ is about the same and continues to accelerate quicker to 60 as the Volt acceleration tapers off

I am also coming from a Volt which was very quick. No one could ever beat me at stoplight drag to the speed limit except my Dad's old 85 which I kept up with to about 30 and then it was gone

Considering the 2016+ Volt can go 0-30 in 2.2 seconds, I'd assume SR+ is about the same and continues to accelerate quicker to 60 as the Volt acceleration tapers off

I am also coming from a Volt which was very quick. No one could ever beat me at stoplight drag to the speed limit except my Dad's old 85 which I kept up with to about 30 and then it was gone

The Volt is about 7+ seconds to 60mph though... I'm curious how much quicker the SR+ feels! Is it really 5.2 sec, or is real world a little under that? :)

Also, when is it ok to bug my delivery guy with another email? It's 11am and still no call. Either the delivery guys are going to show up like 4pm or later... or they're going to call me WHEN they're at my house, NOT when they pick up the car (I'm at work so...), or it's not happening today, which I would like to know about...

The Volt is about 7+ seconds to 60mph though... I'm curious how much quicker the SR+ feels! Is it really 5.2 sec, or is real world a little under that?

I haven't bench marked it, but It is really that fast. Difference is the acceleration is really instantaneous. On a Chevy Bolt, the tires will spin if you push the accelerator to the floor. Not on a SR+. That's the first thing I tried after leaving the DC when I got mine (in a nearby isolated dead-end street :) )

Holy cow the waiting is killing me.

I feel your pain )

I would say it feels twice faster compared to our 2018 Volt. Even with the Volt in Sport Mode. Feels heavier and more solid. Steering wheel is stiffer. Didn't do any direct comparison though )

Still love the Volt as well, which we are going to use mostly for trips and probably for wintertime.

Apparently it's still sitting in Seattle!!! T^T

Does anyone know how late shippers will deliver to residential addresses? If it doesn't get loaded and out of Seattle very soon I'll be looking at a 6:30pm or 7pm delivery (assuming there are no other stops on the route) which is making me think it'll be tomorrow, not today anymore :(

Do yourselves a favor and make sure you order it through a rep and not just yourself online. I'm scheduled for delivery tomorrow at 9am and they still have not generated my MVPA. I can't secure financing, so there is zero chance that is going to happen.

I ordered online and was able to have a fairly trouble free buying experience. I say fairly because of a couple things...

First, I had to do a lot of the follow up stuff. I had to contact my finance company and specifically ask what I needed Tesla to provide. Then I had to contact Tesla and request that. From my understanding MVPA are not generated at the store level and instead is at some corporate level. At first when things were very simple (no clean energy rebates or local tax exemptions) they could generate a MVPA for me within 20 to 30 minutes of me asking. However, when my state (WA) added a sales tax exemption it took better part of a DAY to get a MVPA generated, and during that day I called THREE TIMES asking if there was any update. I finally got it, but literally twenty minutes or so before my credit union closed, so it didn't get processed that day. Call the store that will be where you pick up the car, or the location that's close to you and ask them where you would pick up the car. Then ask for someone that can help answer questions and stuff. Someone should then start nudging things in the right direction. I think one day I asked for a manager at the store I had been working with and he was able to ping corporate and ask for my MVPA to be expedited. He probably said something like "he's taking delivery today, can we make sure his gets generated" or something, even though I wasn't picking the car up that day.

Second, work with your finance company. They may be able to pre-approve you for "up to" a certain amount. You don't need to show that to Tesla and Tesla isn't going to jerk you around and give you a higher price because they see a "up to" wording or anything. But it will give you knowledge on what buying power you have. You can go to your states department of revenue page and get accurate sales tax information for vehicles. Then you can calculate the car price, add the $1200 destination/doc fee, and calculate the sales tax. As the store closest to you a ballpark on registration/transfer fees and that should get you dang close to the final price. You finance company can approve you then and probably have it good for at least 30 days, but maybe 60 days. Then start to bug Tesla every day (politely) as delivery gets closer and closer saying you need your finance company to cut a check or wire the funds to Tesla for delivery.

This is probably a lot of work and a "worse" experience then a normal dealership for many people, BUT I actually like it much more then a normal dealer. This is on my time and my terms. I can call at lunch from work or at 6pm after work (most the stores are open late) and follow up a couple times every day. I'll send an email or even was able to text some of the reps. It took longer for sure, but it felt more "passive" in the time spent vs being at a dealer for four hours while they "work on" paperwork and keep checking in on you. Also, I wasn't called 20 times by the dealer or anything.

Ideally Tesla would GREATLY improve these things and automate a lot of the process. This should be a two or three day process at most. One to submit configs and initial payment with credit card. One day for you to take paperwork with fairly accurate estimates to your finance company to start the process, and one day to finalize everything once you input all your legal information and the information of who you're being financed by and final paperwork is generated. Five to ten minutes each day emailing some docs back and forth or digitally signing some stuff. It could be done that way and it should. They need to improve. But it CAN be done starting with the online purchase and just making sure you follow up with them until what needs done gets done.