Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla Advisor emailed me my VIN yesterday and let me know my car (White/Black SR+, 18" Aero, no FSD) is currently in transit to KC and the 11/28-12/6 delivery I received in the initial text was still good. I received a text from Tesla shortly after and the earliest date for delivery I could schedule was 12/11. VIN is still not showing up on my Tesla account page yet though so that's a bit weird based on order of events I've seen described by others here. Seems like I'm likely getting my car either next week or the following week which is great news, would just be nice to have a bit more clarity on timing so I can coordinate with my credit union for final payment.

Received a “good news” call from Tesla this afternoon that my car should arrive tomorrow! They moved my delivery up from next week to this Friday. If they get the car washed and charged and don’t see any issues they may be able to deliver tomorrow. I told them I need the MVPA to get the check from my bank so they’re supposed to send that over tonight or early tomorrow, but haven’t seen it yet.

I wish they would but I would seriously doubt this company would.
As others have posted, Tesla is in a situation that if someone doesn't like they can just cancel. They know they can sell it right away to someone else. And I agree with them that they obviously can get away with it right now but, in a couple years when the rest of the industry catches up this kind of customer support will catch up with them.

As I said before, for a car that is made so high tech, the manufacturing/scheduling and communication is just the opposite. All very strange to me but I haven't cancelled my order so they got me :(

Cheers,
John
You weren't even thinking this way a couple of days ago. I have friends waiting who aren't on here who echo alot of the frustration. Multiple have cancelled and said they wouldn't order a Tesla til it was in check.

Reactions: AZjohnInCA
Ok guys... Don't hate me!!

Ordered Model 3, white, SR+, Aero, No FSD on 11/29 at 400ish in Maryland
Got my VIN in source last night after 8pm est

Was at trade-in pending 2 nights ago but removed it since carvanna was giving me a much better price. Also submitted insurance for my current vehicle since we can. Haven't heard from SA but I assume it can't be far out. Hopefully most of you won't have to wait much longer!!

Reactions: George75
Anyone have experience with downgrading to SR after an order? Ordered SR+ Dec 2. Went into store last night (dec 4th) and downgraded it to SR. Its updated on the site but now I have no estimated delivery timeframe. Should I be worried I just borked the order to get by end of year?

Anyone have experience with downgrading to SR after an order? Ordered SR+ Dec 2. Went into store last night (dec 4th) and downgraded it to SR. Its updated on the site but now I have no estimated delivery timeframe. Should I be worried I just borked the order to get by end of year?
I believe someone else did this a couple days back and said they actually got it really quick making this change!

SA called (and emailed) to say that while he can't give me an exact date, I should be getting the car "within a few weeks". Also scheduled the orientation on the 10th. I took that as I probably won't see an update till the 10th at least. When I mentioned my travel plans he said that they'll hold the car as long as it's not over a week.
No VIN yet. Now I'm wondering if going to the orientation in this cold weather is worth my time.

LOL, since the Tesla website says any order placed by Sunday will arrive by the end of the year....which is "in a few weeks" I expect he is going to be correct!

I second that. Tesla should offer something for CA for making us wait so much and for losing $500 ca rebate.

Tesla did right by Ontario buyers during a rapid loss of rebate ($14k to $0 at a stroke of the pen of our "crack smoking mayors premier brother" Doug Ford). Tesla fought the government over this and won such that the owners with orders in at the time of the rebate were granted, but delivery had to take place rapidly.

Tesla isn't perfect, and it's unlikely they will be able to do anything for the $500 rebate change some experienced, but give them the benefit of the doubt, they are WAY better than legacy auto companies based on my experience.

Reactions: waterbrain