Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, long time lurker, first time posting. I am in Canada and ordered my M3 SR+ on October 26th. I haven't received any updates from Tesla (no VIN) until today, when I received a text message saying my Model 3 is ready to be scheduled for delivery. Available delivery dates are Nov 16-18 (3-5 days away).
This seems like very short notice. I am sensing they are trying to get rid of some 2020 inventory on me (without the refresh). I've contacted the showroom and am waiting for a response, but wanted to hear what you guys think. It seems like people usually get notice about a month in advance for delivery?

I'm in the exact same situation as you. I also ordered on October 26th in Vancouver (Kitsilano, West 4th) and today I got a text to schedule a pick up time. After I did that my Tesla account page showed the vin of my new M3 which I was able to look up online and see that it's a 2021 version. I just hope it's perfect or close to it with no issues like panel gaps and the like that I've read so much about.

I'm in the exact same situation as you. I also ordered on October 26th in Vancouver (Kitsilano, West 4th) and today I got a text to schedule a pick up time. After I did that my Tesla account page showed the vin of my new M3 which I was able to look up online and see that it's a 2021 version. I just hope it's perfect or close to it with no issues like panel gaps and the like that I've read so much about.
Amazing! That's great news. Keep us posted on how it goes. I'm thinking I'll do a Tuesday pick up if my sales associate can confirm a 2021 VIN. Can't wait!

Amazing! That's great news. Keep us posted on how it goes. I'm thinking I'll do a Tuesday pick up if my sales associate can confirm a 2021 VIN. Can't wait!

I think after you confirm the pick up time appointment you'll be able to see the vin in your Tesla account which you'll then be able to look up online and see the Model year. I double checked my vin on several sites to make sure it's a 2021 M3. We both ordered the same day in the same city I doubt yours will be any different.

I wonder if I'm one of the first ones to be taking delivery of the refresh in Toronto. My delivery was going to be the 23rd, but it got moved up to the 21st. One week of waiting left...

But I haven't seen my VIN anywhere on my Tesla account. I only know it through email, upon my request.

When did you order? I ordered to Oakville 10/20. Still haven’t heard anything. How did you know you had a vin if it’s not on your account?

When did you order? I ordered to Oakville 10/20. Still haven’t heard anything. How did you know you had a vin if it’s not on your account?

I ordered on Oct 1. I hadn't heard any updates until Nov 6, when I called the Tesla showroom, saying I needed the VIN to purchase insurance. They emailed it to me, and sheduled a tentative delivery for Nov 23, saying the car was being shipped (I think the shipment destined for Toronto by the 19th). Just a couple of days ago, I got a call and a more formal email which ended up with my delivery moving 2 days sooner, on the 21st. Still shows the old Model 3 and no VIN on my account though...

I actually don't know when I would have gotten my VIN if I didn't ask, so your experience seems about right.

I ordered on Oct 1. I hadn't heard any updates until Nov 6, when I called the Tesla showroom, saying I needed the VIN to purchase insurance. They emailed it to me, and sheduled a tentative delivery for Nov 23, saying the car was being shipped (I think the shipment destined for Toronto by the 19th). Just a couple of days ago, I got a call and a more formal email which ended up with my delivery moving 2 days sooner, on the 21st. Still shows the old Model 3 and no VIN on my account though...

I actually don't know when I would have gotten my VIN if I didn't ask, so your experience seems about right.[/Q

I actually don't know when I would have gotten my VIN if I didn't ask, so your experience seems about right.

I ordered my SR+ on 9/20 and turned down one the had in inventory and was ready immediately.. On 10/23 I got a email that my order was changed to the refreshed '21.. On 11/6 I got a text that I had a build window the week of 11/23 with a delivery date of 12/16..

Same thing happened to me with my date disappearing. I asked my advisor and she just gave me the vague yeah we don't have the ability to see a detailed timeline but still looks like the same dec 14-31 it said before.
Total guess but I wonder if they are removing dates to not commit to anything in case lock downs go into effect again with the increasing numbers.

Good day everyone

First time poster so I apologize if anything is wrong in advance lol

I have been researching a ton since committing to buying a Tesla and today I decided that I may as well share my info just in case it helps anyone

Tesla Coral Gables (Miami, Florida)

5/20 Met with SA Keem to express interest but then held off until battery day

9/22 Battery day came and not what I expected so decided to wait for the holidays for a sale hopefully

10/16 Model 3 refreshed announced

10/18 Configured my build: M3-SR+ PW w/white int 18" wheels

10/18 early in the morning I reached out to Keem from Tesla Coral Gables (Miami, Florida). He put me in touch with another SA named Marcus. Marcus called me and helped me through the process. He recommended I applied for financing immediately. At this point if you haven’t already, DO NOT FORGET TO ADD A REFERRAL CODE. Once I applied, we disconnected as he told me it could take 24-48hrs to get approved. I was approved within 5 mins at 2.49%. I called him back and he helped me finish the process while assuring me I am in for a 2021M3SR+. Website stated 5-8 weeks estimated delivery (NOV22-DEC13)

**At this point I did not know much as I did not do much research beforehand and so I trusted the SA. Now with everything I know, I wish I would have waited for financing. Seems like the best formula is to put in a deposit and “buy the car cash” then change to financing (once VIN is assigned) by calling your SA and having him change it, if that’s what you plan on doing. Not sure if that formula actually helps in any way but there are success stories on forums and YouTube. I also did not know about calling your SA and asking for them to seek out a lower interest rate.**

10/20 I know longer see an “estimated delivery date” in my tesla account

10/25 I added FSD for $8k. Showed up on my account within minutes and was being charged lump sum under “amount due” final balance. Also, I was finally able to verify my car insurance and fulfill the task required. Thought I had done it back on 10/18 but seems like the website kept glitching on me and it never gave me a check mark. I tried several times this day and finally got the check mark.

10/28 reached out to Marcus and asked about why I no longer see an “estimated delivery date” and if I could switch the 8k to be included in my financing. He said he would get with the financing team and let me know and also assured me that my delivery date is still true to the 5-8 weeks from when I ordered even though its not showing in my tesla account

10/29 Marcus got back to me and told me that the 8k for FSD has been added to my financing total

10/30 ordered Gen 2 NEMA 14-50 adapter from the Tesla shop ($35 plus tax = $37.45)

11/1 “estimated delivery date” appears on my account again with the 5-8 weeks (NOV22-DEC13) holding true

11/6 Marcus texts “while we wait for your VIN to be assigned wanted to see if you had any questions”. I kindly replied that I do not at the moment and thanked him for reaching out

11/10 Tesla Update – We currently expect your Model 3 to be ready for delivery 3-7 weeks from today. Once your Model 3 starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment. Please note that this timeframe is an estimate and may shift in either direction.

**this new time frame would essentially increase my original time frame from 5-8 weeks (NOV22-DEC13 to 6-10 weeks (DEC1-DEC29)**

11/15 spoke with Marcus. I asked him a few questions:

Until when is my financing offer good until (my research said 2 months)? He said my financing offer is good until Dec 17 (2-month mark. I was approved Oct18)

Worst case scenario, would I have to run my credit again to get another approval for financing? Or is there an extension that I could apply for? Or would I be better off just switching to a Model Y or an available Model 3 with a different config? You’ll have a car assigned to you by then. I wouldn’t worry though and stay positive. Changing to a different Model would have you run a different credit application.

He then offered me a test drive or take a M3 home for the night and return it the following day in which I declined because Miami is the worst place to drive around in and a lot of people drive around with no insurance lol

11/19 as of this post, my account is still reflecting 5-8 weeks (NOV22-DEC13) and has never changed to the updated timeframe that was sent to me on 11/10. I still don’t have a VIN assigned to me, nor build date update, or potential delivery date (just the estimated time frame above). I check my account at least 5 times a day everyday since ordering on 10/18 lol at this point, I’m just hoping I get the car before my finance offer expires

When delivery date is given to me, I plan on self-installing a NEMA-1450 outlet in my one car garage for home charging. will be buying from zoro.com. Luckily, I have my breaker box in my garage with space to add the breakers required. Just in case anyone is wondering, I am at 0.07cents per kwh from FPL. I also plan on by the abstract ocean screen protector mainly for the glare as I don’t have kids that could potentially throw stuff at the screen. I also have my eye on a grocery hook that could be added to the trunk aka trunk hook. I will be getting that from amazon just haven’t looked any up yet. I also need to invest in some floor mats but haven’t researched any yet either. Aero wheel cap kit is on my list as well.

Also, I haven’t seen any rebates or perks for EV’s or Tesla in Florida nor Miami Dade County but definitely make sure to check in your respective Country, Province/State, City.

Again, make sure to add a referral code or order from a referral link to get the 1k free supercharger miles. Doesn’t matter whose code you use. Pick one from anywhere. The SA could always add it after the fact I was told.

Just want to add that my SA Marcus is very helpful and responds almost instantly to messages and inquiries, so I appreciate him very much.

Hope this helps someone with any questions they may have. Sorry for the long post and word vomit lol

Reactions: itsRP