Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday still show Dec12-31 but check account this morning the expected delivery date has been removed. However I received email for final payment in the afternoon. Check account again, it shows Dec12-18. Not sure how accurate it is, only believe only if I got the text for delivery.

I got call from SA that my car has arrived! Check account again delivery date changed to Dec 11-17 but still has no VIN. I can pick Tue Wed or Thur for delivery.

They build cars in batches like white/white, blue/white etc.. I ordered late Sept and turned down one in inventory to hold out for the refresh. My SA told me straight out it wouldn't be here till the end of Dec.. They always build out exports first then domestic cars late in the quarter. I'm not a fanboy, this will be my first Tesla. I was going to order a Mach E however there weren't any to test drive and even those have been pushed back along with VW's ID4..

Ok so I just checked my account, it says it went from “ 5-7 weeks from order date” now to Delivery “Dec 12-24”. I configured and placed my order on 11/16 (Blue/black/sport). How soon did people receive their cars after a new update like this? I’m in San Francisco btw.

Hey y'all, new here in Charleston, SC. I've been following along and figured I'd add my experience.

I ordered a white on white SR+ on November 16th via the website. Noticed VIN number via the manage order page on December 4th; no text, email, or response from Tesla or SA. I then received a scheduled delivery appointment date of December 24th 5 days later, again via the manage order page. It's been 3 days since then and still nothing from Tesla or SA. I have to say, I find it odd that there has been zero contact beyond the initial emails and texts directly after ordering.

Hey y'all, new here in Charleston, SC. I've been following along and figured I'd add my experience.

I ordered a white on white SR+ on November 16th via the website. Noticed VIN number via the manage order page on December 4th; no text, email, or response from Tesla or SA. I then received a scheduled delivery appointment date of December 24th 5 days later, again via the manage order page. It's been 3 days since then and still nothing from Tesla or SA. I have to say, I find it odd that there has been zero contact beyond the initial emails and texts directly after ordering.
that is odd... and they picked your pickup date for you

Wanted to give a final update to my pick-up saga.

• Made new order on 12/9 for a vehicle that was available as "existing inventory" on Tesla.com
  • Contacted my SA on what I did, told me incorrect information that vehicle was not made. Spoke to the Delivery Center, they gave correct updated information, told me my vehicle will be in their lot possibly the following day (Thursday).
  • Got my MVAP on Thursday, 12/10 with the VIN and all the details for my bank. CVAP grant had to be manually added in there.
  • Made delivery date 12/11.
  • Paid final amount due on my end on 12/10.
  • Got Cashiers Check from my bank on 12/11.
  • Went to Tesla Buena Park to pick-it up on 12/11. No issues from what I found. My friend who also owns a M3 2019 came with me. I also got a free miniature M3. My friend was given one as well since he didn't get one at delivery.
  • No issues found on the car.

Interesting tidbits:
  • It took over 3 hours for my Tesla app to show the car.
  • My account page was freaking out, saying I still owed the $5K for the Grant, and then going back to saying not owing anything. I think the SA was having issues finalizing it.
  • I only got 1 month of free Premium connectivity. Others on the forum have shown emails saying that they have gotten 1 year for free, on the SR+.
  • Apparently, others have posted that there's a 1-year free supercharging available if you take delivery after 12/12...

Attachments

• IMG_3964_jpg.jpg
    IMG_3964_jpg.jpg
    616.4 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_3027.jpg
    IMG_3027.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: ShiftTab
Wanted to give a final update to my pick-up saga.

• Made new order on 12/9 for a vehicle that was available as "existing inventory" on Tesla.com
  • Contacted my SA on what I did, told me incorrect information that vehicle was not made. Spoke to the Delivery Center, they gave correct updated information, told me my vehicle will be in their lot possibly the following day (Thursday).
  • Got my MVAP on Thursday, 12/10 with the VIN and all the details for my bank. CVAP grant had to be manually added in there.
  • Made delivery date 12/11.
  • Paid final amount due on my end on 12/10.
  • Got Cashiers Check from my bank on 12/11.
  • Went to Tesla Buena Park to pick-it up on 12/11. No issues from what I found. My friend who also owns a M3 2019 came with me. I also got a free miniature M3. My friend was given one as well since he didn't get one at delivery.
  • No issues found on the car.

Interesting tidbits:
  • It took over 3 hours for my Tesla app to show the car.
  • My account page was freaking out, saying I still owed the $5K for the Grant, and then going back to saying not owing anything. I think the SA was having issues finalizing it.
  • I only got 1 month of free Premium connectivity. Others on the forum have shown emails saying that they have gotten 1 year for free, on the SR+.
  • Apparently, others have posted that there's a 1-year free supercharging available if you take delivery after 12/12...

So if you take the delivery after 12/12... on any Model 3 SR+ you get 1 year of supercharging? Do they say that upfront? Or how did you find that out?

Question; I purchased a brand new 2021 SR+ from Tesla's "Existing Inventory" labeled as new, for the same price as a customized one in hopes of saving delivery time. However, I am reading in some forums that their existing inventory is almost always demo cars, showroom cars, or cars that have been rejected for delivery (meaning the would-be owner saw something they didn't like), how true is this? Did I goof by going the Existing Inventory route? I got a VIN right away when I purchased the car btw.