Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered: April 7 2021
Estimated Delivery: May 22 - June 21 2021
Model: SR+, white, aero wheels, no FSD
Excitement level: High
Concern that Tesla will not honor the Model 3's advertised price at the time of ordering/reserving despite indications to the contrary by the sales rep and on the forum here: High
Concern that Tesla will never get around to an OTA upgrade/purchase for heated steering wheel: High
Frequency of checking this forum and the account page: High

Reactions: makirules
Concern that Tesla will not honor the Model 3's advertised price at the time of ordering/reserving despite indications to the contrary by the sales rep and on the forum here: High
Concern that Tesla will never get around to an OTA upgrade/purchase for heated steering wheel: High
Just talked to my sales associate yesterday. Tesla is honoring the price of the car as it was at the time of your order, so long as you don't change any options. If you do, it then goes up to the new sales price.

I think there's only one delivery center in Vancouver right now. When I placed my order, I didn't get to choose where I can pick it up.
correct, there's only one located @ 901 Great Northern Way, Vancouver, BC. When we picked up our first car back in Sept 2020 they had a great system going with covid precautions etc. If you have all your documents with you the process should take no longer than 25 min.

Damn I hope they don’t change my price! I ordered 4/4/21 lates deliv date is June 18th

This thread is like senior year in High School. Everyone is eagerly waiting for the college acceptance letter and then for graduation date. Once we all walk the stage (pick up our car), only a rare few return to tell the underclassmen what to expect in the real world...well here ya go. It ain't all cinnamon and rainbows.

(TL;DR: messed up car on delivery, really long repair time, got car back, so far so good, good people, crap ethos, the market will eventually punish them )

After nearly 3 months of waiting, I got my VIN and two weeks later I arrived at the Tesla Burbank as instructed by the website. There is a whole other story about how I my pick up time magically changed to MIDNIGHT on the website and when I called Tesla they told me I was getting a HOME DELIVERY (I was not, nor was it ever even offered as an option), and that there are no store pick-ups at the moment (That's just ridiculous). All that was cleared up after I graciously corrected the Tesla Advisor, and I got a time to pick up in Burbank. Get to Burbank and...."sorry, you car isn't here, it's two miles down the road on the top floor of a parking garage, and was that your Uber that just left?" New uber, ride two miles, get my car location and go to inspect.
-------IT WAS AS IT WAS STRAIGHT OUT OF TESLA DELIVERY HORROR STORIES THREAD!-----
1. Car was dirty, interior (which is white) looked like children had been playing in it. The outside looked like it did a rally in the Sahara
2. Nice deep scratch (more like a gouge) on the right quarter panel
3. Misaligned drivers side door
4. Misaligned uneven fronk.
I have never inspected a car in my life, imagine what my untrained eye missed if I could see all that.
Point all this out to the Tesla person there, "Yup, this looks like a mess, do want to refuse?" The last 3 months on TMC ran through my head "no, I don't want to refuse, but I want you to promise me it can all be fixed, and then do it."

12 days in the shop because you have to practically repaint half the car to blend once scratch. Got it back to today. Still dirty, but all issues fixed and drives like a dream.
In sum, the last 2 weeks have sucked, but every person from Tesla I have dealt with has been great super willing to help, if not at times terribly ill informed. They need to get it together, becuase competition is here and this sh!t won't fly.

Good luck everyone. I wish you a seamless delivery.
Just be like the guy in the spot next to mine; do a selfie with the car, accept delivery and drive away with even walking around the car even once. Ahhhh, ignorance is bliss.

After nearly 3 months of waiting, I got my VIN and two weeks later I arrived at the Tesla Burbank as instructed by the website. There is a whole other story about how I my pick up time magically changed to MIDNIGHT on the website and when I called Tesla they told me I was getting a HOME DELIVERY (I was not, nor was it ever even offered as an option), and that there are no store pick-ups at the moment (That's just ridiculous). All that was cleared up after I graciously corrected the Tesla Advisor, and I got a time to pick up in Burbank. Get to Burbank and...."sorry, you car isn't here, it's two miles down the road on the top floor of a parking garage, and was that your Uber that just left?" New uber, ride two miles, get my car location and go to inspect.
-------IT WAS AS IT WAS STRAIGHT OUT OF TESLA DELIVERY HORROR STORIES THREAD!-----
1. Car was dirty, interior (which is white) looked like children had been playing in it. The outside looked like it did a rally in the Sahara
2. Nice deep scratch (more like a gouge) on the right quarter panel
3. Misaligned drivers side door
4. Misaligned uneven fronk.
I have never inspected a car in my life, imagine what my untrained eye missed if I could see all that.
Point all this out to the Tesla person there, "Yup, this looks like a mess, do want to refuse?" The last 3 months on TMC ran through my head "no, I don't want to refuse, but I want you to promise me it can all be fixed, and then do it."

12 days in the shop because you have to practically repaint half the car to blend once scratch. Got it back to today. Still dirty, but all issues fixed and drives like a dream.
In sum, the last 2 weeks have sucked, but every person from Tesla I have dealt with has been great super willing to help, if not at times terribly ill informed. They need to get it together, becuase competition is here and this sh!t won't fly.

Good luck everyone. I wish you a seamless delivery.
Just be like the guy in the spot next to mine; do a selfie with the car, accept delivery and drive away with even walking around the car even once. Ahhhh, ignorance is bliss.
I wonder if it's just this particular location? Had a similar pre-delivery experience. Appointment got randomly changed to after midnight, and it was a forced home delivery. It was all very chaotic. No communication for the longest time, and then random calls early in the morning 48-24 hours before delivery. Very bizarre. Fortunately, the actual delivery was pretty good. They drove it up and I only found some very minor issues on that first day. No horror stories. Sorry you went through all that. However, my first service experience with Burbank was just really...underwhelming. They told me I had 100 miles to report anything I was "concerned about" so I really tried to scrutinize the vehicle and yep, there were some small fit and finish things.
  1. I had some scuffed black door trim
  2. One of the interior panels was sort of popped out
  3. There were some minor dirty spots on the interior
  4. There was a scratch on one of the windows
  5. There was some bulging window trim on the inside.
To be honest, I could have lived with most of these, but I went ahead and reported them anyway, since I never owned a Tesla before and wanted to familiarize myself with the service experience if anything major every comes up down the road. And what an experience it was lol. So I get to the service center, and the rep comes over and enters the VIN into a laptop. Then she confirms what my issues are and places tape all over the problem areas. Another rep comes over and snaps all these photos. I'm thinking wow, this is all so cool, and new, and streamlined. They have a process and it seems really efficient. So I ask her how long I should expect it to take, and she's says something to the effect of, "We tell all the customers sometime around 5:30 PM just to be safe." Mind you, my appointment is at 9 in the morning. So in my mind, I'm thinking, well, that's the closing time, so she probaly just has to say that to cover herself in case something comes up. I mean, given how minor my issues are, surely it won't take that long. Anyway she tells me they can give me a loaner if I need one, but they didn't have any Teslas (weird) so it would be a gas loaner. Well, I didn't have anywhere else to be, so I didn't take them up on the loaner and decided to just hang around Burbank for a while. I was thinking maybe I could browse IKEA a bit, and then have some lunch downtown, and they'll probably be done by then. But no. She was not kidding. It really did take nearly all day. At 3, they finally let me know that they didn't have the parts to fix the window, and that it'll have to be done by mobile service at a later date. I'm like okay, understandable, but why wasn't this known before I came to the appointment? Well, they were nice enough to schedule the mobile service at a time convenient for me, and said that the tech would fix any other issues they could before I can pick up the car. So then I go back to pick up the car, and...it didn't come back any worse, so that's good. However, all they did was replace the door trim and pop the interior panel back in. That's it. All day to do that. They didn't even bother to clean the dirty spots, or remove any of the blue masking tape they used for marking, leaving me wondering if I should keep the tape there for the mobile tech (probably not right?). I get it, they are swamped, but it really wasn't a great first impression. Now I'm worried about getting service at this location in the future if something serious does come up. I heard there is an Alhambra location opening in the future, and hopefully it's a service center. That would be much closer than Burbank, and hopefully the service will be better.

Reactions: UpperMeadow