Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is an interesting timeline for my son's car for delivery in LA:

Ordred 4/25, black, black, no FSD, 18" wheels.
EDD kept changing each day and latest was 6/21 to 6/30.
He received the VIN this am, later in the day received a home delivery of 6/23.
He was not available on 6/23 and did not want car delivered if was not going to be around.
Called the Burbank center, held a hard line, told him no changes to delivery are possible and that if he did not take car in 72 hrs would be reassigned.
I called BS to that.
Called and we spoke to another rep at Burbank who could not have been more accommodating.
Rep said car can be delivered today.
Car being delivered "today", will be left at a supercharger for touchless delivery.
Waiting on call from my son to confirm things.
Any update? Did he really get it? I ordered the exact same car in Carlsbad, CA on Apr 26th and I still have no VIN. Maybe tomorrow!

Reactions: rsaucedo23
Placed an order and received a message to complete from a Tesla advisor to complete some delivery details in my account, including the Driver License Number and a photo of the license. I only have a learner permit and just scheduled my road test in August.

Will Tesla accept my learner permit? Or do I have to wait till August when I get my driver license?
You will need to wait until you receive your drivers license. But you need to be over 18 to purchase the vehicle either way.

Just order my first Tesla on June 19th. Don't have much feedback from Tesla. Only a RN number on a confirmation screen and $100 charged to my credit card, but no email confirmation and nothing on my Order History page. Is this the standard flow process ? When should I get something back from Tesla ?
Thanks a lot for your advice.

View attachment 675980View attachment 675981
yep thats all you get-just make sure to compete ur profile!

Yes, picked it up after 4pm at the super chargers in Burbank. It was not plugged in but came with over 200 miles of battery, so 80% charged. He did tell me that at that time of day the super chargers were all full and cars waiting. Not surprised.
Yes I did

Any update? Did he really get it? I ordered the exact same car in Carlsbad, CA on Apr 26th and I still have no VIN. Maybe tomorrow!

My EDD moved left 1 day:

Extended Order Status v0.2.1.9​

VIN​

• VIN: Not assigned
  • Previous VINs: None

Delivery​

• Delivery date: July 08 - July 28
  • Previous delivery dates:
    • July 09 - July 29
    • July 13 - August 02
    • July 19 - August 08
Model 3

Hi all! I ordered my M3 Red / Black / 18" wheels, no FSD on 2/26. I was assigned a VIN and a delivery was set for two weeks from order date. Unfortunately, I was unable to get financing and decided to put the order on hold while I worked on credit. I finally took the order off hold on 5/25, approved for financing and profile was complete within days. My EDD has been:
July 20 - August 9
June 27 - 30
9-13 weeks
and today updated to July 14 - August 3rd

Very excited to get my new M3!

Reactions: GiFer
Hi all! I ordered my M3 Red / Black / 18" wheels, no FSD on 2/26. I was assigned a VIN and a delivery was set for two weeks from order date. Unfortunately, I was unable to get financing and decided to put the order on hold while I worked on credit. I finally took the order off hold on 5/25, approved for financing and profile was complete within days. My EDD has been:
July 20 - August 9
June 27 - 30
9-13 weeks
and today updated to July 14 - August 3rd

Very excited to get my new M3!
Depending on how many people can't take delivery this month, you could get a surprise in the next week or so. ;)

I got the Blue Button! I got the Blue Button!!! :D

blue button.jpg

I got my VIN! I got my VIN!! :D

vin.jpg

My EDD changed! My EDD changed!! (was June 22-30)

edd.jpg
WAIT...WTF? I know, I know...it will change. It will...right guys?? Guys???

EDIT: OK, all is well. EDD after a refresh (or 10) is now June 22-June 26. YAY! Also my Wall Charger gets installed today so it's a full on Tesla day.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Reactions: makirules
One thing I learned about all this is DO NOT SELL your car til you get your tesla

I sold my car, couldn’t refuse the offer CarMax made and it’s been a struggle everyday since

ordered 4/12 in so cal
Edd is 6/23-6/30 I doubt it it’s coming this month

I just renewed my bus pass today for another month :(

I ordered on 5/11 and my Tesla rep told me that I should be taking delivery this week, but I have not yet received my vin. Is anybody else in this position?
I order 5/30 my SA told me I would get the car by the end of June I emailed him last week told me I should get it by the end of June I told my delivery date change to July but now my account says 6/23 - 6/30 but no VIN too