Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like many of you, I check my Tesla account xx times per day.

For anyone that knows, is there a certain time the site gets updated? Or is it at random times?

For example, my EDD dates have been sliding to the right by one day everyday for the last few days. This morning I woke up to it sliding to the left by a day (June 19-30).

I’m really just wondering if checking the site throughout the day really even matters or if I should just check et a certain time in hopes of getting the Tesla Vision prompt and subsequent VIN.
I’m not sure if it is the same for everyone, but I noticed that my EDD usually changes between 7:15 and 7:30 am EST pretty consistently. Not that is stops me from checking the site throughout the day. Lol

Reactions: queenamydala
Soap Box for just a minute: Was scheduled to have delivery Saturday at 4PM. Truck didn't show up so they pushed it a day. On Sunday, I got the phone call at 1 in the afternoon that it still hadn't shown up so it would be Monday or Tuesday before I would be able to take delivery. 4:15PM I get a phone call to come pickup the car. 4:44PM a manager calls me to tell me that 4 trucks worth of tesla's are headed to their store and if I am able to come get my car today. My immediate thought was "how long have you had my car??" At 5PM my SA calls me to tell me that my car is missing paint and was damaged in transit so it would be another week before I could take delivery. At this point I asked if I could come get the vehicle and drive it till service was ready to do the work. That was a no. I asked if they could put me in another tesla until mine was ready. That was a no. I asked about a rental until my tesla was ready. That was a no. Then I went hunting and found the same tesla about 5 hours away that was available. Of course by this point everyone at Tesla had gone home. I have not waited nearly as long as some individuals in California, but I still don't approve of the customer service and logistics nightmare that this company is allowed to display.

I know we are all excited for these vehicles, but I see a ton of grace being given to tesla for their mistakes which wouldn't even be contemplated if it were a traditional car manufacturer. Especially at the price point that we are expected to pay for these vehicles. Here's hoping I hear from a miracle worker at my delivery location that someone has pulled a rabbit out of the hat.

So as the prospects look grim that my Bolt buyback is finished anytime soon, could someone walk me through the process of how to snag an inventory car and then applying the $100 order fee to the inventory car? Am I assuming correctly that if I tried to pick up an inventory car, I would have to pay whatever the listed price is and I would forfeit the cheaper price I'm locked in at? I'm locked in for $500 less than the current SR+ price.