Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me too. Ordered SR on 5/28. Must be the approaching halving of Fed tax credit and reduction of referral code from 5000 to 1000 supercharger miles.

The website is still showing a 2 week lead time for all Model 3’s. I’m not sure where someone heard 6-8 weeks. That may be specific for Canadian orders which always take much longer than US orders.

If you ordered the car on May 28 you should get the 5000 miles regardless of your delivery date. It’s the order date that determines eligibility. Just make sure that you confirm this at delivery before you sign any paperwork. And always get it in writing.

The website is still showing a 2 week lead time for all Model 3’s. I’m not sure where someone heard 6-8 weeks. That may be specific for Canadian orders which always take much longer than US orders.

If you ordered the car on May 28 you should get the 5000 miles regardless of your delivery date. It’s the order date that determines eligibility. Just make sure that you confirm this at delivery before you sign any paperwork. And always get it in writing.

The website is showing "within 2 weeks" (recently verified this a few moments ago) - it's inside the Tesla account page, on the right side column, which reads "6-8 weeks". Tesla is promising "within 2 weeks" to the public, and a very much later delivery date range to those who have ordered.

I am not concerned with receiving the 5000 supercharging miles referral. I originally brought that up as my rationale behind the 6-8 weeks delivery wait, the rush to order on the referral's last day (I am one of them) - compounded with the halving of fed tax credit.

I have it in writing that I will receive the 5000 supercharger miles. However there is a concern - taking delivery of the car before July 1. Delivery Advisor said he's not worried, but I can't help it sometimes. My wife who I went to great lengths to convince to purchase the car says if we don't get the full tax tax credit, we're dropping the order. I don't think she's 100% serious, but I prefer not to risk it.

The website is showing "within 2 weeks" (recently verified this a few moments ago) - it's inside the Tesla account page, on the right side column, which reads "6-8 weeks". Tesla is promising "within 2 weeks" to the public, and a very much later delivery date range to those who have ordered.

I am not concerned with receiving the 5000 supercharging miles referral. I originally brought that up as my rationale behind the 6-8 weeks delivery wait, the rush to order on the referral's last day (I am one of them) - compounded with the halving of fed tax credit.

I have it in writing that I will receive the 5000 supercharger miles. However there is a concern - taking delivery of the car before July 1. Delivery Advisor said he's not worried, but I can't help it sometimes. My wife who I went to great lengths to convince to purchase the car says if we don't get the full tax tax credit, we're dropping the order. I don't think she's 100% serious, but I prefer not to risk it.

I don’t know why it would say 6-8 weeks but there is no way it will take that long to get a Model 3. They are building 5,000 a day and in June they focus on building for US sales, particularly with the tax credit winding down. There is no way they are going to miss a delivery by end of June for a US customer. They need the money.

I don’t know why it would say 6-8 weeks but there is no way it will take that long to get a Model 3. They are building 5,000 a day and in June they focus on building for US sales, particularly with the tax credit winding down. There is no way they are going to miss a delivery by end of June for a US customer. They need the money.

5,000 cars a day would be great. I'd have BlackStar yesterday. I think you may have mixed it up with 5000 a week. I get your meaning - and re-assurance. Perhaps Tesla is underpromising to temper expectations.

Did the price of SR+ recently change again. There's on in inventory near me now, but the base price shows as $39,900. Didn't it used to end in a 400?

the 400 is 35,400 for the SR. 39,900 for SR+

while I'm here, FYI folks, you can order the SR online by ordering SR+ then contact Tesla to remove the plus package ($4500). Personally I wanted the experience of ordering a car online. I was already in email contact with a sales rep, so she was happy to immediately remove the plus option.