Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update. I see in my account I now have a delivery appointment for 3/21 to pick up my car 240 miles away at 8am. No VIN still. Yesterday the DA emailed me to confirm delivery to my home as there is no location near me.

Tesla is really, really dropping the ball here.
Nah, you won't get a VIN until the car turns up at the Delivery Center, so probably the 18th or 19th. Maybe even the 20th.

Normal situation.

Good thing (probably) is they've scheduled the person who will do the delivery :)

...It's a high likelihood that Standard and Standard Plus are running the 50s (kWh). Meaning Standard would be software limited to the 220 range. Standard Plus gets the full battery at 240.

That's exactly what I'm hoping is NOT the case... taking a smaller battery and squeezing 20 more miles out of it hurts it's longevity in the long-term.

In fact, my suspicion is that they will be 55 kWh, mainly because all the other Model 3's have ratings of ~4.4 Miles/kWh.
Also the weight difference of only 50 pounds is another hint, since 11 kWh of batteries weighs 100 lbs (with an Energy Density of 247 Wh/kg)

I'm very curious to see the actual number the car uses:
If the Standard Plus has a 50 kWh battery it will take the most wear and be pushed the hardest, and have the shortest lifespan.
But if it does have a 62 kWh battery it will take the least wear, and have the greatest lifespan of all the Model 3's!

yL3hQtp.png

• Helpful
Reactions: Big Earl
Nice, I had to do some legwork to get the final price adjusted because sales staff seem to have checked out. Hopefully all goes smoothly for you.

Same for my dealer in Charlotte. After asking 4 times about the idea of going to an MR, i still don't have an answer. They seem to not have knowledge of other dealers doing this or even if they can do this; apparently even the management.

Nice, I had to do some legwork to get the final price adjusted because sales staff seem to have checked out. Hopefully all goes smoothly for you.

I get the same impression they don’t really know what they are talking about. I called back and they don’t even know if they have such a car in their inventory. I’ll just wait it out for the sr+ If I don’t hear back.

I get the same impression they don’t really know what they are talking about. I called back and they don’t even know if they have such a car in their inventory. I’ll just wait it out for the sr+ If I don’t hear back.

Unfortunately, they probably don't have any real incentive to sell so I had to pick up the slack and get things moving by calling the corporate line. After speaking with someone at the corporate line I learned that the sales associate didn't leave any notes to get the final adjustment, didn't cancel my old order, or even call me back after I left a message. Corporate customer service was more than awesome though. With prices increasing I didn't want to rely on someone who is actively looking for another job.

Would love to hear about your experience with Mt. Kisco after you pick up your car. I have heard some bad reviews with that location. I’m a CT resident and will be ordering my car this weekend. Thanks and congrats!

We shall see on Monday if there are any problems, as it is the closest dealer to us.
Will be driving down a trade.
Does anyone know if they take personel checks?
I am sure it is a busy retail location....