Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@ifbrock
In my limited experience, you have to talk to the right person. We went to a store a few nights ago and the sales person there was not able to go down on the price on a 2018 model. He even gave a long speech about how model year doesn't matter. Whatevs. We called a different store last night and they immediately were able to give us a discount on a 2018 (most likely the same one the previous sales person tried to match us with).

@ifbrock
In my limited experience, you have to talk to the right person. We went to a store a few nights ago and the sales person there was not able to go down on the price on a 2018 model. He even gave a long speech about how model year doesn't matter. Whatevs. We called a different store last night and they immediately were able to give us a discount on a 2018 (most likely the same one the previous sales person tried to match us with).

No such luck here in PA. Probably easier in Cali.

I am very excited. Placed an order online on March 12th then was assigned a vintage today and pick up date is scheduled for March 18th. SR plus black interior black paint with autopilot. Picking up in Chicago and I was a reservation holder.

Well if it makes you guys feel a bit better, our tax is much higher on the car and we pay a bs destination fee. They literally drive the car from Fremont to us in the Bay Area.

So far what I've read, CA residents are getting the best deal, under 1 week delivery, and 2019 models with color upgrade waived :(

Have there actually been cases of inventory 2019 build-date cars being offered with discount? Everything I have seen has been 2018. We are only mid way through March and they already have demo/loaner/inventory 2019 cars available for sale at discount?

Reservation holder since Feb 2018, I ordered a SR+ Deep blue and 19" wheels (without AP) on 2/28 but I didn't upload the insurance until 3/4 (and drafting contract since then).

Can you explain what this means? Do you need to provide proof of (future) insurance coverage, even before you get the car? What does this document look like? I haven't switched or bought new car insurance policies in over a decade so I honestly don't know what the procedure is.

Have there actually been cases of inventory 2019 build-date cars being offered with discount? Everything I have seen has been 2018. We are only mid way through March and they already have demo/loaner/inventory 2019 cars available for sale at discount?

I was told any inventory car they have can have either color upgrade or wheel upgrade cost waved, but not both. I am fairly certain the white MR I was looking at was a 2019. I did end up with a 2018 blue MR demo that had 177 miles on it, and got color upgrade cost waved on top of a $540 discount for the 177 miles.