Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just came back from a Tesla dealership. I have officially been downgraded to an SR from an SR+ (have been waiting for a delivery date and VIN since March 15th). They confirmed to me that there are heated seats in the SR as people mentioned here before. However, my estimated time of delivery has been changed to 6-8 weeks. Have I been pushed to the back of the line? Or should I not be paying attention to these delivery estimates as I am on week 6 when it was clearly stated that it would take 2-4 weeks.

This car is essentially my original order with software locks so I'm not sure why the delivery estimate changed...

Yeah. The next tweet will be , they all out of SR+ vehicles and we will get performance models next year but be happy they are upgrading you for free.

Beba91, dont worry mine was 2-4 weeks , a couple days ago and now its 6-8 weeks.

Im expecting at the rate things are going, i wont get my car till mid July.
But on a positive note , as consumer confidence keeps dwindling, more cancelled orders will pop up.

I just came back from a Tesla dealership. I have officially been downgraded to an SR from an SR+ (have been waiting for a delivery date and VIN since March 15th). They confirmed to me that there are heated seats in the SR as people mentioned here before. However, my estimated time of delivery has been changed to 6-8 weeks. Have I been pushed to the back of the line? Or should I not be paying attention to these delivery estimates as I am on week 6 when it was clearly stated that it would take 2-4 weeks.

This car is essentially my original order with software locks so I'm not sure why the delivery estimate changed...

Black exterior with White interior. My feeling is that is a very custom order and not a cookie cutter combo like black on black.
Most often and no judgement on folks who like black but it happens to to be the only no cost color and so it's a contradiction to a Cost Interior like white $1000.

If you do ever get your SR black with a white interior it will be a beautiful rare sight to behold :)

good luck!

Reactions: beba91
That's not true. My brother and I walked into Tesla store and I picked up a Sr+ and he picked up his sr-. They were inventory cars. Both ours are identical currently but maybe software well differentiate things eventually. Although, he is thinking about not updating software ever since he didn't pay for autopilot anyways. This way he can keep the heated seats, fog lights, immersive sound which sucks anyways

Not upgrading software. good luck with that. Papa Elon wagging his finger at ya.

I wanted to order the base SR (35k). I got on the phone with a rep and he told me to initiate an order for SR+ online. Once a RN# was generated, he said he would put in a request to downgrade it. I am scheduled to take delivery of it tomorrow. I got black exterior, black interior, and aero wheels.

I wanted to order the base SR (35k). I got on the phone with a rep and he told me to initiate an order for SR+ online. Once a RN# was generated, he said he would put in a request to downgrade it. I am scheduled to take delivery of it tomorrow. I got black exterior, black interior, and aero wheels.
Canada and pretty much the rest of the world are envious on how easy it is to get some kind of M3 so quickly in the USA.

Hats off to you all :)

Reactions: beba91
Do we Have an updated official list of Sr vs Sr+
2q9b57a.jpg

I spotted a few some VIN 360,000 SR+ on the USA available inventory. Great sign that they are making them again in production with of course HW3.

The list also shows the second newest batch in the low VIN 300000

While we're on the topic of VINs, it looks like they've just registered a massive batch of 39,000 up to 407324! Hopefully that speeds things up for those with long wait times.

JonP on Twitter

• Informative
Reactions: Threader
For those in Canada, the SR+ now qualifies for the federal $5k rebate. But it looks like you need to order autopilot and FSD after delivery, if you want those.

Not so convinced that will hold true

Quote "You will still be eligible for the incentive even if delivery, freight and other fees, such as vehicle colour and add-on accessories, push the actual purchase price over these set limits."

technically (white and Red) color, wheels and FSD are all add-on accessories well past $55,000

Reactions: torontohm3wait

Quote "You will still be eligible for the incentive even if delivery, freight and other fees, such as vehicle colour and add-on accessories, push the actual purchase price over these set limits."

technically (white and Red) color, wheels and FSD are all add-on accessories well past $55,000

This is good news. You need to be under $55k on the trim level. Color, FSD, ETC. Do not count towards the cap, if I understand correctly. Only the LR does not qualify.

Check your account my account has the $5000 rebate applied already

List of eligible vehicles under the iZEV Program - Transport Canada

Srplus and sr both qualify

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Kmartyn